Na Wahine O Ke Kai finish photos

does anyone know where to go for official photos of the finish or other parts of the race?

Submitted by israelsr on Wed, 09/28/2011 - 5:53am

Yeah, I wish, for I've been patiently waiting to see some pictures of the winning team posted on this site? Like, who are these paddlers? Was this an all "club team," or an amalgamated one from wherever? What kind of outrigger canoe were they paddling? Some informative words from Coach Sean would be nice: just what did they do this time to keep that talented Bradley team behind them? Faster changes? Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS Beachboy Women, for an outstanding job.

#1 Thu, 09/29/2011 - 11:52am

strange topic to ask this under clyde. 10 of the girls in first crew paddled beachboys last year, 7 of the ten started at beachboys as novice b, (took their first stroke in a six man at beachboys) 2 of the ten came over as novice a, 1 had prior experiance and came to beachboys 5 years ago. i dont think we got much faster, just better. two of the three morning practices were changed from one man to six man. more rough water paddling, where we struggled the last couple years. in short, hard work fueled by desire and determination.

#2 Fri, 09/30/2011 - 7:09am

These Girls are talented athletes and most have been around the OC-1 season for the past few years. Its not like they came out of no where. A group of beachgirls and bradley girls went to hawaiki nui last year. These girls aren't new to being fast they've won states and many other races over the past few years as well. Hats off to Beachgirls for getting it done and putting in the hardwork. And great job to the bradley girls for making it a great race and exciting to watch.

#3 Fri, 09/30/2011 - 7:31am

almost 2 weeks later and still no official website for photos?...and when I'm not talking about photos of the top 3 (aweseom job by the way to those ladies)..I'm talking about the rest of the field..there was 70+ crews!!!....I'm sure there was novice paddlers in some of these crews and they would love to see photos of themselves crossing the finish or others who have done the race more than once...its just mind blowing to me that there is no OFFICIAL photographer for this event....if there is and I'm just not aware please someone post the website where photos can be made available...The Moloka'i Hoe is this Sunday and will there be a official photographer for that race?

#4 Tue, 10/04/2011 - 9:27am

I'll throw my hat in the ring make myself available for future video and photo coverage of Na Wahine O Ke Kai if no one is doing web edits. Guaranteed completed race video online within 48 hrs of race completion. Interested parties can contact me at oceansportsmedia@bigpond.com.

#5 Wed, 10/05/2011 - 8:49am

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.353 seconds.