New Pacific Paddler-Wow!

http://www.pacificpaddler.com/

This issue is amazing.

Ropati and staff bring so much joy to the paddling community.

The inside story about Team OPT is wonderful-thanks Tim and the type of insight we have been craving.

We troll OCpaddler.com looking for tidbits of what the top crews think and the drama behind the races but it is refreshing to see in print and online.

MAHALO

Submitted by Kona J on Fri, 03/04/2011 - 10:50am

ice baths, 2 hour massages, oxygen masks...pretty amazing

#1 Fri, 03/04/2011 - 9:18pm

Great article, nice insight.. Thanks for sharing.

#2 Sat, 03/05/2011 - 8:31pm

I hope it inspires paddlers to go to the far ends of the Pacific to paddle or visit Tahiti during one of their big races. I know I can't wait.... Thanks to all our contributors who bring insight into our sport from many perspectives. Tim's full story with OPT can be read at our website pacificpaddler.com. What did happen on day two and three?
I'm working on our 16th anniversary edition and look forward to covering the sport into the future. Thanks to our advertisers who allow us to do it. If you have a story idea drop me an email.
Ropati

#3 Mon, 03/07/2011 - 7:27pm

I'd agree with Kona J, this is an excellent issue. the OPT story is very well written.

way to go Ropati!

Open Ocean Outriggers
www.kialoa.ca
Vancouver, BC Canada

#4 Wed, 03/09/2011 - 8:06am

in regards to the remark about ice baths, messages and O2 therapy. i have no doubt that elite crews in hawaii will go this route. up until now there was never any reason for hawaii paddlers to worry about speeding up recovery from a distance race. we've never had multi day/stage racing until Koa Nui, 'Eono this year, or Olamau in 2012. this will become another bit of strategy to think about with these races. paddlers need to cram as much recovery time between races as possible.

#5 Mon, 03/14/2011 - 9:46am

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.181 seconds.