Parking at Kaimana

I got a letter on my car yesterday. I'm not sure who to send this to. Obviously, this is going to suck if you park at Kaimana, like after a Hawaii Kai run.

There is a town meeting at Honolulu Hale, 530 S. King St, 3rd floor. You have to call to get your name on the list 768-3813. You can also email city council members.

Can someone send to others, like race organizers?

AttachmentSize
5-31-2011 7-39-00 AM.jpg102.71 KB

Submitted by maemae16 on Tue, 05/31/2011 - 8:18am

If that makes parking more available at Kaimana Beach, I'd pay it. Sure it sucks but for the convenience it may be worth it. With 2-4 people shuttling and sharing the cost, not a big deal. WHat I worry about is some administrator coming up with the idea that OC1's can't land at Kaimana Beach. Now that would have me camping out at Honolulu Hale or DNLR in protest and personally visiting my elected officials etc.

#1 Tue, 05/31/2011 - 9:29pm

No worries Paddlefast. Canoes already protected by City Ordinance or State Statue or some regulation that specifically allows canoes on the beach. I'm sorry, but I forget which one it is, for the last time it was brought up was 10 or 15 years ago. However, although canoes are permitted, kayaks, SUPs and surfboards, may not be permitted, since they are not specifically mentioned.

#2 Tue, 05/31/2011 - 11:06pm

I hope that I will be able to park it for over 2 hours at a time also.

#3 Wed, 06/01/2011 - 8:21am

@ koacanoe- surfboards not permitted? Silliness!

#4 Wed, 06/01/2011 - 11:48am

novice c, you never know with our politicians in office, for some like even ban you from carrying a cell phone while crossing the street. However, paying for parking at Kaimana Beach is long overdue, due to the many people (employees and residents) who abuse the free parking there. If you ever feed the meter downtown, then $1.00 per hour is very reasonable. Unfortunately, all the money collected from the meters goes to the State and not the City who maintains the park.

#5 Wed, 06/01/2011 - 10:51pm

Anyone see this:

http://www.kitv.com/news/28117288/detail.html

I still remember when beach goers complained about the oc1s and surf skis at Kaimana Beach, so everytime I beach there, I let the toddlers who swim up to the canoe, jump in the cockpit. It only last a few seconds, and the kids are happy and their parents appreciate it.

#6 Fri, 06/03/2011 - 7:25am

way to spread the aloha, koacanoe..

#7 Mon, 06/06/2011 - 9:57am

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.151 seconds.