Pic of Kolea OC1 ama

I am trying to refurbish a Kolea OC1. It has a few leaks and cracking gelcoat (pealing like a hardboiled egg). My main problem is there are no iakos or ama. I have no clue what the the original looks like. If I can't find any compatible. I may have to fabricate something. I pretty sure I can do the iakos, but the ama may be difficult. My idea was to make one out of surboard foam and then glass it. By coincidence, I ran into a high school friend who's husband has a CNC machine in is backyard for cutting foam cores for surfboards. Depending on the size, he might be able to cut the ama out for me.

If anyone has pictures of the iakos and ama, that will help me figure out the shape of the ama.

Submitted by fire4effect on Mon, 08/29/2011 - 7:16am

From some of the pictures I've seen of the Kolea from Tiger Canoes, it used the same ama and iakos as the Tiger Makia.

Google Image Search for both Tiger Makia OC-1 and Tiger Kolea OC-1 and you can see the similarities of the setup.

#1 Mon, 08/29/2011 - 8:54am

thx....funny if you search just "Kolea OC1" you get nothing....adding 'OC-1' is just what I needed!

The shape looks similar to my Nai'a's ama except the Nai'a has a flat bottom near the aft section.

#2 Mon, 08/29/2011 - 2:15pm

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.162 seconds.