Polynesian Voyaging Canoes-Monterey CA

Kia orana,
any paddling clubs particapating in the arrival of the 7 "Pacific Voyagers" voyaging canoes in Monterey CA. If so, could I get a contact person that I could get logistics of where, when and time of the canoe arrival.
If you are in the area and do not know about the voyagers, check out the promo video of pacific Voyages @ this U Tube link and check out their website too.
.be
http://www.pacificvoyagers.org/
Thanks. fuji_ngariki@yahoo.com

Submitted by fuji on Sat, 08/06/2011 - 2:37pm

I see they have changed the website and removed the tentative schedule of the trip down the coast. I believe they had orginally posted the 16th as the date to stop in Monterey. I desperately wanted to trailer my Holopuni down to meet them but Auwe, it seems it will not work for me. Mahalo for getting involved.

#1 Sat, 08/06/2011 - 10:20pm

Aloha Squatty,
I am sorry that the change of schedule will not work for you. We are traveling from Oregon thus we will have to make some changes. I do not want to miss this great oppertunity to see our polynesian brothers and sisters on this Huge Voyage to the mainland. Thanks for replying. Ka kite.

#2 Sun, 08/07/2011 - 3:11am

Aloha fuji, small world, I am in Portland. I had hoped to trailer a sailing canoe down to meet up with some of the other Holopuni sailing canoes in the Monterey or Santa Barbara area but it doesn't seem it will work for me. You have probably seen the new schedule on the website saying they are looking to arrive in Monterey on the 12th.

If you are on facebook the Pacific Voyagers have been very responsive to questions.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pacificvoyager

#3 Sun, 08/07/2011 - 10:37pm

I just shot these in San Fran plus a heap of video.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us<br/>By oceansportsmedia
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us<br/>By oceansportsmedia </br/></br/>

#4 Mon, 08/08/2011 - 5:02am

Kia orana Ramboo, great shots mate. I am glad that you are there. May see you in Monterey?

#5 Mon, 08/08/2011 - 2:58pm

Half Moon bay will be as far as i go, see Mavericks and i have an appointment with GoPro Camera Headquaters in Half Moon Bay. Then, two more races to do, then home. Do Monterey next time.

R

#6 Mon, 08/08/2011 - 8:08pm

Awesome pics under the golden gate rambo! Those wa'a are amazing

#7 Mon, 08/08/2011 - 9:00pm

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.162 seconds.