Stolen Fuze OC1

Aloha,

My Fuze OC-1 was stolen from the surfboard locker room in my building in Waikiki. It is Green on top and white on bottom. It is unique in that the normal drain plug location has been sealed and a new drain plug was installed at the tip of the tail. Only the Ama and main body of the kanu were taken, so whoever took it will be looking for iakos. There is also a sticker on the side of the nose that says Race to Heal and a small Molo Solo sticker. My name and telephone number are written in permanent ink under the seat.

Also stolen was a 9'8" Classic Single Fin Nose Rider. The deck is a green swirled resin tint and the bottom has a picture of a pile of skulls with a grey background. It had a 10.5" Joel Tudor Series David Nuuhiwa fin in it. There is no logo on the deck of the board.

The items were taken away in the back of a silver Nissan Frontier Crew Cab pickup.

Please contact me if you see anything.

753 9315

Submitted by shutupnpadl on Thu, 02/24/2011 - 12:43pm

Good luck finding your stuff. Too many thieves out there these days.

#1 Fri, 02/25/2011 - 9:01am

When storing your toys, always think 'worst case scenario' when it come to security. If someone wants it, they'll take it if it's easy to get. Lock it up (padlock, cable/chain, anything that makes it harder for them) & chances are it'll still be there next time. Hope you get your stuff back.

#2 Fri, 02/25/2011 - 2:28pm

My stuff was locked up.

#3 Sat, 02/26/2011 - 1:11pm

?????? Just saw it on craigslist, Curious, cuz it was green deck/white hull. Coincidence?
http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/spo/2238532995.html

#4 Mon, 02/28/2011 - 8:38am

Nice find b-rad! Hope this is it - nail that faka.

#5 Mon, 02/28/2011 - 8:58am

curious to see how this one shakes out..

#6 Mon, 02/28/2011 - 3:15pm

The Fuze listed on Craigslist is not mine.

Mine was a lighter green color.

Thanks for staying on top of it though.

For the full story, watch KHON tonight at 10.

#7 Mon, 02/28/2011 - 6:57pm

Saw the pictures on Facebook. Those guys are crazy! Driving out of the storage with the canoe just being held in place?!

#8 Wed, 03/02/2011 - 2:59pm

I hope you catch those thieving bastards and nail them to the wall!

#9 Thu, 03/03/2011 - 5:49am

I found a picture of the stolen board.

#10 Sun, 03/06/2011 - 11:48am

Hey not sure if you've had any luck with your stolen boat, but earlier today Paul Gay told me someone found a green and white Fuze in Maunawili stream... Seems like a suspicious place to lose a boat to me. It's now at Paul Gay's house in Kailua, I can take a look at it if you'd like, if you haven't had any luck locating it so far.

#11 Tue, 03/15/2011 - 10:21pm

So...the insurance company was supposed to claim the canoe, but I am finding out now that nothing has happened.

Paul,

Sorry for any inconvenience. If I knew that they were not going to pick it up I would have come and got it from you a long time ago. My apologies. Let me know when a good time is to stop by.

Thanks,

Mike

#12 Wed, 06/22/2011 - 9:57am

An arrest has been made. Not sure if I can publish a name and picture yet, but KHON is doing a story tonight at 6PM. The individual involved is responsible for several canoe and surfboard thefts. If you have had anything stolen, you may want to check with the Honolulu Police Department.

#13 Thu, 06/30/2011 - 4:18pm

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.152 seconds.