Suggestions for a new OC-1

Aloha, friends!
Ive seen how into these forums you guys are so I figured Id see if I can get some advice too. I just had surgery (shoulder and chest muscle) and cannot participate in season this year, so I have decided that I should get an OC-1 or 2 in the mean time to help me condition, put some muscle back on and help me reach peak recovery. I've been on crews since high school, but am obviously new to the work of one-mans. I am 5-8 120lbs. Any suggestions on the sort of canoe I should be looking for, reasonable prices, training ideas, etc would be great. Im looking at a kainalu now, but heard that a pueo or fuze might work better?
Thanks so much! Look forward to your expertise :)

Submitted by kolohe34 on Wed, 04/20/2011 - 9:48am

My only advice is to get into every type of 1-man that you can and try them all. So much of it is personal feel.

That being said; I have a buddy that has a Kainalu and he loves it. Fast and surfs well.

#1 Wed, 04/20/2011 - 9:56am

If you are just looking at getting back in paddling shape/recovery from your surgery, you might want to look at Stand Up Paddling as an alternative to OC-1. Be a lot cheaper and less hassle of trying to find out which different canoes will work for you.

#2 Wed, 04/20/2011 - 10:43am

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.182 seconds.