Team Vajda Training Paddle 4 Ohana Mana Cup

On water footage of Team Vajda preparing for Ohana Mana Cup in beautiful Villasimius, Sardinia, Italy

Submitted by Rambo on Fri, 09/23/2011 - 4:30am

Where dah bumps? Come on Rambo, rather boring watching a bunch of flat water kayakers out on surf skis paddling in water conditions more suitable for K-1s, K-2s and K-4s. No wonder there were no women paddling in the video, why bother, when it is more exciting doing the Na Wahine.

#1 Fri, 09/23/2011 - 10:26am

Artistically-Cool as hell.

#2 Fri, 09/23/2011 - 10:55am

Sorry to bore you Koa with no bumps, i guess a sea surrounded by land is different than a land surrounded by sea. Some might say you're blessed to live in Hawaii.

BTW, some of these guys are friends with Pat and Ryan Dolan, i'm sure they appreciate seeing video of them and understand the same lack of funding issues apply to a lot of other Olympic Athletes in their quest for glory. Hence the Promo.

R

#3 Thu, 09/29/2011 - 11:23pm

Rambo, You've spoiled me all these years with all your outstanding bump riding videos, whether they be surf skis or outriggers. Case in point: I'm always going back to watch your recent U.S. Champs video, which is almost like being in the cockpit and catching them runners. Your latest Dee Why video also demonstrates you make the best bump riding videos out there. My boredom was due to water conditions, and not the paddlers. There are many flat water days in Hawaii, and just don't want to be reminded of them. Thank you for informing me that the video was a promo for Olympic athletes, for I'm sorry I didn't know that. I thought it was a Vajda preview for an upcoming race.

#4 Fri, 09/30/2011 - 1:37am

Well then your boredom is about to end Koa, i have a job coming up soon to stage a shoot in bigger water with top paddlers. This is not a race, it's a controlled shoot that will wait for the correct conditions - wave size, great lighting, location and different Ocean Paddling craft. I hate that word FLAT too.

I think we must encourage and support the companies like Vajda and others that put money and time in to support Ocean Paddling and Athletes, so hard to come by.

#5 Fri, 09/30/2011 - 2:00am

I can't wait Rambo! You spiked my interest again regarding "different Ocean Paddling craft?" Am wondering what it might be? Will wait though. And yes, good for Vajda for stepping up to the plate and sponsoring the Winter Series. I was impress with all the different surf ski models they had racing in the Dee Why race as shown in your video. Hopefully, we will see more of them in Hawaii also?

#6 Fri, 09/30/2011 - 11:50am

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.176 seconds.