USSS Championships 2011 - Video

One of the SurfSki Classic Races and a must do on every paddlers calendar. Spectacular race.

Watch it in HD full screen of you have a fast internet connection.

Submitted by Rambo on Tue, 08/23/2011 - 9:36pm

Yeah! Rambo,

After watching another video masterpiece of yours, I now know where all the "Geezers" are: on surf skis.

#1 Wed, 08/24/2011 - 3:25pm

For small water that was well hell a video. I hope you come down here for one of our big downwind race Rambo.

#2 Wed, 08/24/2011 - 4:59pm

Haha... yeah there's some good ol' geezers in there .... Greg Barton, Patrick Hemmens, Tommy Karls, Philippe Boccara, Robert Barry, Brent Reitz, Rich Long, Kenny Howell..... Quite a few of them Ex Olympians and still fast.

Don't mind a beer either.!!

#3 Wed, 08/24/2011 - 6:14pm

Rambo,
Imagine rounding up a bunch of them surf ski geezers and shipping them over for this years Pailolo Challenge in a 200 pound outrigger and then again for the Molokai Hoe. I belive they would give the youngsters a run for the beer? Eh!

#4 Thu, 08/25/2011 - 2:33pm

Give them an experienced steerer like Tommy Connors and i would put money on the bar they would be top 5 mate.

#5 Thu, 08/25/2011 - 3:52pm

Rambo,
That would be the all time makule dream team.

#6 Thu, 08/25/2011 - 8:41pm

k

In NZ, the Olympic Kayak team and a bunch of top SS guys got together and put a team together. Locally Results were 'ok' but not fantastic, Molokai was humbling for some of them (think 35 to 55). It depends a lot on the character of the guys in the team, blend/gel ability. some guys are great at fitting into a team and some guys one-man thinking gets in the way of teamwork. the risk in performance attributed to 'one-man' thinking is really massive. i'd really like to see a SS team have a good crack at pailolo/molokai.bring it on!
Kingi

#7 Sun, 08/28/2011 - 10:23am

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.171 seconds.