2012 Liberty Challenge

Mahalo to all the crews who have signed up for the 2012 Liberty Challenge! This year’s event will be our best yet and we look forward to seeing all of you in New York City in June.

While we would like to accommodate every crew interested in competing, in order to ensure the quality of our event we are placing all future crews on a waitlist. New York Harbor presents a number of unique variables – both on and off the water – and our top priority is hosting the best race we possibly can.

If you have a crew committed to competing in this year’s race, but have not yet contacted us, we encourage you to register your team and get on the waitlist, as we expect a few spots to open up. And if you can’t make Liberty this year, but are excited about next year’s race, please let us know that as well so that we can get you on our list.

More info about registration and the waitlist is available on our website: http://libertyoutrigger.org

Thanks and hope to be back soon with some exciting announcements about this year’s race!

Brent

Submitted by aukaiNYC on Wed, 04/25/2012 - 6:19am

Aloha everyone,

We are very proud and excited to announce a name change and new title sponsor for our race. We are now the Hawaiian Airlines Liberty Challenge. Mahalo to all of you who have supported us over the past 16 years and we hope to see you back in New York soon, along with some new faces!

Cheers,

Brent

http://libertyoutrigger.org/hawaiian-air-liberty-challenge/

#1 Thu, 05/17/2012 - 9:18am

Right on. Congrats Brent.

#2 Thu, 05/17/2012 - 1:52pm

Would be cool if Hawaiian Airlines sponsored some races in Hawaii?

#3 Fri, 05/18/2012 - 7:08pm

Hawaiian Airlines will do no such thing as sponsor a local race. they are the only choice in Hawai‘i for flying. so why would they advertise? they just launched service to the biggest destination on the east coast and are an unknown there. of course the advertising money would go to New York. it sucks for races in Hawai‘i but it makes total business sense.

when the HVA youth team was in need of sponsors only three organizations stepped up. one was Friends of Hawai‘i Charities. another was a small canoe building company from Kailua (I'm sure we all know who). the third was Odie from Pure Paddles who offered to make a crew worth of paddles for the HVA kids. unfortunately several already had paddles so this never came to be. Hawaiian Air, and every other large local business for that matter, either said no thanks or just ignored any request for sponsorship.

kudos to the guys in NYC for landing the big fish! it will enable them to improve what already is a fun race!

#4 Sat, 05/19/2012 - 9:53am

Agreed. Would be nice for the company who uses the motto: "only one airline is 'hawaiian" ... To support Hawaii's official team sport.... In HAWAII.

#5 Sun, 05/20/2012 - 6:47pm

Maybe you guys can land Alaska Airlines...

They've got the Hawaiian mana, as they put a lei around the Eskimo on their jets

#6 Mon, 05/21/2012 - 5:36am

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.356 seconds.