Any live coverage for OLAMAU ?

?

Submitted by Kaipu on Wed, 03/07/2012 - 11:28am

Hawaiian Canoe Club site:

Ocean Paddler Tv will be covering the race from start to finish with a LIVE online stream and then a follow up TV special on OC16 (Locally) and NBC Sports (Nationally). To watch the race live online visit: www.OceanPaddler.TV

Olamau website: http://olamaurace.com/images/live.html

#1 Wed, 03/07/2012 - 12:58pm

this is exciting. if one crew wins all three stages they have the potential to go home with $27,000. pretty nuts!

EDIT: just heard the news, there is NOT a live webcast. Facebook updates and pics will be happening. the race will be filmed and aired at a later date.

#2 Wed, 03/07/2012 - 7:51pm

is there really a live feed? I cant find it. this is becoming really common. I see websites post "Ocean Paddler TV LIVE coverage" and it's not... stories

#3 Sun, 03/11/2012 - 9:54am

no live feed..all was posted on facebook. What just happened was an awesome event... a new era. Crews were awesome...canoes were awesome. Hope this race wil become world class. Nice to see the Cali crew do so well. and hope to see more crews for next year. Mahalo for all you guys who put it on...weather was not that great and in spite of it the channel was crossed.....I hope these races continue..

#4 Sun, 03/11/2012 - 3:53pm

jf808- relax. everyone is trying hard to make things happen. Poidog- right on. New era. While weather was not perfect, much better than flat. Some great ocean conditions!!! All around a grreat first run and thanks to the generous sponsor(s). People worked very hard up to the last minute to get these new canies in the water- some worked great, others in the tweeking stage which is what it is all about. Tahiti is always refining their OC6 canoes for Hawaiki Nui. Now we are. Hopefully this sport will gain more recognition in Hawaii as it is our state sport. Hope it makes some headlines in the sportspage tomorrow(Monday) morning .

#5 Sun, 03/11/2012 - 6:45pm

Official Statement from Ocean Paddler TV:

sadly a last minute turn on events made it impossible for us to conduct a live webcast of the Olamau Race. Our crew and logistics were in place, but the final decision was out of our hands.

The Olamau Race 2012 was EPIC and we filmed every second of it - check out our April episode of Ocean Paddler TV on OC-16 (Hawaii) and Universal Sports Network (mainland) for all the action.

Live webcasts have become the expectation from the community... most people don't realize how complex and expensive a professional webcast can be - it requires a considerable dedication of camera crews, web engineers, studio and support crew... and of course a significant budget.

Mahalo for all the support we receive from our paddling ohana!

Ocean Paddler TV

#6 Tue, 03/13/2012 - 9:40am

HawaiianX, will the Episode of OceanPaddlerTV be available online after its broadcast? It'd be really useful for those of us that don't get Universal Sports Network ( or even cable).

Mahaloz!

#7 Tue, 03/13/2012 - 12:11pm

Aloha Lilrabbit - yes the episode will be available on www.oc16.tv 1 month after the initial broadcast. Mahalos

#8 Tue, 03/13/2012 - 3:06pm

paddlefast, nah I already am. you relax. Can't argue with me, cause it's true. Just saying dont advertise "live" and it's not get everyone all hyped up for nothing simple as that cuz

#9 Wed, 03/14/2012 - 5:35pm

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.191 seconds.