Anything up at Pure Paddles?

I've emailed Pure Paddles twice in the past few weeks but have not heard back from them. Anyone know if something's up at Pure headquarters?

Submitted by ho'okele on Thu, 10/04/2012 - 6:23pm

Call 'em 808.987.3078

#1 Thu, 10/04/2012 - 7:44pm

WORD! i tried a few times too, not getting the best review for customer service from me....a least a quick reply, something, but not even that!

#2 Thu, 10/04/2012 - 8:14pm

I dont believe anythings up. Just busy.

#3 Thu, 10/04/2012 - 8:20pm

I tried sending one more email, from a different email account this time just in case the other messages somehow ended up in their spam folder. Hoping to hear back soon.

I couldn't scare up a used Axle II for my OC1 pursuits so I thought I'd spring for a new paddle. If I'm going to spend the bucks I may as well get what I want. Someone suggested that the Kialoa Nehu double bend was awesome but I have never tried a double bend and the dealer here in town had the regular Nehu but not the double bend so no demo for me.

I've heard so much about the Pure paddles and quite a few paddlers here in Vancouver swear by this paddle. I'm keen on the OC1 light weight paddle and am ready to shell out for this beauty even if it means waiting should they be backordered.

#4 Fri, 10/05/2012 - 7:27am

Last I knew they were backordered and VERY busy, this would be about month 3 that I've been trying to no avail to get a response from someone

#5 Fri, 10/05/2012 - 7:39am

Aloha All!

Please excuse the lack of correspondence. We have been busy working on the latest Unlimited 6-man fleet. If you or anyone who has been trying to reach us, please call me at (808) 987-3078. I will make sure your paddle gets on the list and will even give you a discount for the missed correspondence!

You can also find us stocked at:
P3 Kona (808)329-3100 www.p3kona.com
or on Oahu at:
Island Paddler (808)737-4854 www.islandpaddlerhawaii.com

Aloha all and Good Luck to Molokai Hoe 2012 participants!
-odie

Odie K Sumi
Pure Paddles / Pure Canoes

#6 Fri, 10/05/2012 - 2:11pm

Thanks for your reply here and for your email Odie!

#7 Fri, 10/05/2012 - 6:33pm

If you are looking for a light paddle for OC1 then look into a Levas Paddle. I've been swearing by these gems made by Michel Levasseur in Quebec for years! They have brought me great success in my small boat endeavours.
"They are very light at around 7.5 to 8 ounces. The blade , like many performance paddles , is slightly cupped or , "spoon" shaped. It`s subtle but during the catch phase of the stroke these paddles give good traction on the water." - Fuzerider described back in 2008
I started with a 9" blade then have been moving up as I get stronger. Sprinted this year at Worlds with a 10" blade.
He can customize blade width as well as blade angle.

More info http://www.ocpaddler.com/node/3324 as they were discussed a while back. I have a couple demos you're more than welcome to try out. I will be bringing another bulk order across to BC this winter.

#8 Sun, 10/07/2012 - 7:30pm

Thanks for your suggestion of the Levas paddle, CdnKanu. However, I have already ordered a OC1 paddle from Odie at Pure Paddles.

#9 Mon, 10/08/2012 - 3:56pm

Odie is amazing and does respond quickly. With the increasing knowledge of his paddles around the world people do get busy. He does not only make paddles but canoes as well.
Patience is a virtue. He will get to you. HE ALWAYS DOES!

#10 Tue, 10/09/2012 - 12:36pm

Yes, yes. Odie is da MAN! with HUGE plans, and is super busy. Mahalo for everything braddah Odie! hope you liked your shirts! check out the stickers too: www.Facebook.com/samkapoi in the Molokai Hoe Challenge Album!
shoots!

#11 Tue, 10/09/2012 - 11:11pm

I'm in the lineup for a spanky new Pure Paddle! Odie will be sending it out to me in about a month. Well worth waiting for, I'm thinking. Can't wait to try out the new Pure in my OC1!

#12 Sat, 10/13/2012 - 8:03am

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.182 seconds.