chondromalacia/runners knee

I have developed a mild case of Runners Knee. I pretty sure the leg drive in the six man is contributing to the pain. I rotate my toes/ foot toward the center of the boat to drive with my leg. I am trying to correct the form so my knee is in a better position. Part of the recommended rehab is to stay out of squat position, but paddling keeps my knee bent in a in a squat position. I have stopped squats and running in the gym, but paddling still leaves my knee sore.

Have any of you delt with this condition brought on by paddling or worsened by paddling. Any tips on recover or prevention?

Thank you

Submitted by davidld10 on Tue, 08/07/2012 - 8:04am

FULL STOP on ANY squat type stuff or anything that you even feel the slightest twinge.

Limp around and baby it for a few days till the edge of the pain goes away.

Stairs, getting out of the chair, brakes/clutch on car, picking something up ... DO NOT use this leg if can.

You gotta get 'ahead' of it for it to go away. But it won't until it comes down a bit.

Plan your day so you can be off your feet early ... Blazing hot shower and let the hot water fire onto your knee while you focus on relaxing it ... Limp over to sofa, put your knee up and pau for the day.

Repeat as ness and then really really ease back in.

The pain does not have to be 100% gone before you start back up but if it gets bad again, you know you gotta slow back down.

IMO, I would stop the squats forever and run stairs.

Hope above helps.

aloha,
pog

#1 Tue, 08/07/2012 - 8:29am

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.400 seconds.