Looking for a crew for Molokai Hoe 2012.

Hi!
My name is Smirnov Vitaly. I'm from Moscow, Russia. My dream is to take part in Molokai Hoe.
I'm 48 years old. 198 sm height, 98kg weight. I originally kayaker, but in recent years, my passion for outrigger canoe, surfski and dragon boat. I'm multiple World and European Champion in Dragon Boat. Few times I took part in AllWave Cup in Italy (OC-1 race around Giglio Island, 22 km). On winter time I like to race ski marathons 42-54km, 4-5 times a winter. I can swim 2 kilometers for 35-36 minutes (in a swimming pool). I can run 20 kilometers for 1'35".
If some crew need not bad paddler - I'll be happy to race Molikai Hoe with you.
I'll be in Honolulu on Sept.29 in the evening.

Aloha

Vitaly

AttachmentSize
Macau 2010 002.jpg1.23 MB

Submitted by Vitaly Smirnov on Mon, 09/03/2012 - 2:58am

I don't know about 2011, but in 2010 there was a Russian team, the Vladivostok Tigers. They had done the Molokai once or twice previously.

They were a game group and made up of flatwater canoe racers. Somewhere I have a CD for the race and their interpreter/liaison was interviewed. He pointed out that one of their idiosyncracies was they didn't change sides. If you started the race paddling on the left side you did all forty-one miles on the left side. I guess it saved them from the effort of shouting "hut." I can't say how many times they huli-ed, but it was in the double digits.

They had guts.

#1 Mon, 09/03/2012 - 5:01am

Hi! I know these guys, Vladivostok Tigers. We raced together many times in different international Dragon Boat and OC-1 competition. They didn't change sides because they didn't know what to change. Also, I would not call the courage of a lack of experience. They were last in the race, turned over four times!

Aloha

Vitaly

#2 Mon, 09/03/2012 - 8:18am

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.132 seconds.