OC2 Stingray

I want to change the seats on my OC2 stingray to a generic seat. The tie down slips and the seat moves in the factory condition. Does anyone know where i can get generic seats? Also I am short and my husband is tall but I can only steer from the rear. How can I do this without scooting up? It feels like when I scoot up all the weight is in the middle or front of the canoe. mahalo

Submitted by annieallen on Sat, 05/05/2012 - 12:21pm

You could probably get some generic seats from Huki.com. Call them up and see what kind of seats you want them to make for your canoe.

http://www.huki.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=20&prod...

If the tightening screw/bolt on the seat track keeps slipping, you could contact Outrigger Connection for some replacement parts. If you don't want the track system, you could remove it and just go with 2 inch velcro strips on the deck and on the seat foam.

Having all the weight towards the middle of the canoe is better than having it in the back as it causes less drag and easier for turning. If you are doing surf runs, having the weight towards the front is what you want and having both paddlers closer together in the middle gives the canoe more manueverability.

#1 Thu, 05/10/2012 - 10:48am

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.271 seconds.