Race Around the Hat 2012

Registration for RATH 2012 is now live. Due to inflation the registration fees for this year remain exactly the same. Junior fees are $0 or $5. To paddle juniors you must have been UNDER 19 years old on January 1st. To qualify for the Novice division you must have been a Novice B this season. No exceptions.

Registration fee includes the race, use of a canoe, race jersey, goody bag, breakfast, lunch, raffle drawing, and post race giveaway massacre. We'll have prizes from Pure Paddles, Kialoa, Hawaiian Canvas, Tahiti Rame, Maoli Wa'a, Island Paddler, Oiwi Ocean Gear, Tahitian Outrigger, Sweet Waterwear, Kamanu Composites, and Makana Ali'i. Hands down the most bang for your hard erned buck in Hawai‘i. Come test out your skills in the original race around Mokoli'i.

ADULT REGISTRATION

JUNIOR REGISTRATION

Submitted by HVA on Wed, 08/01/2012 - 10:26am

We had a question of whether the Race Around the Hat is open to adaptive paddlers. Of course it is. If there is anything we can do to help out just let us with a message or email.

Also a message to parents with children who are interested in racing. Everyone is welcome regardless of age and skill level. We choose our race course the day of the event to keep all athletes as safe as possible.

#1 Wed, 08/15/2012 - 12:27pm

Maui contingency coming over and I also heard pacific north west will be in full effect.

I want to ship my v1 over for RATH can someone on that end help with oahu logistics... Picking up at dock, bringing races?

#2 Thu, 08/16/2012 - 6:41am

That should be no problem for us to pick up. Think you'd just have to list us as an authorized signee?

#3 Thu, 08/16/2012 - 8:18am

If you are traveling from another Hawaiian island to O‘ahu for the race and are shipping your canoe please contact us. We were able to work out a way to help save you some of the cost involved in doing the race. If you've already registered and paid in full we can still help you out. Please contact us via email, Facebook, or message us on ocpadder.

It's exciting to hear about everyone planning on flying in!

#4 Mon, 08/27/2012 - 10:31am

A big thank you to everyone who registered ahead of time for tomorrow's race. We have a record number of pre-registered paddlers this year with 55 competitors. We encourage anyone to come down and make a beach entry still. We always have 15-20 people show up and register the day of the race. The more the merrier.

Thank you again to Pure Paddles, Makana Ali'i, Island Paddler, Kamanu Composites, Sweet Water Wear, 'Oiwi, Keahiakahoe Canoe Club, Eastside Paddler, Kialoa, Hawaiian Canvas, PA‘A, Hawaiian Canvas and Tahitian Outrigger. They've provided a ton of giveaways! Remember, this isn't some watered down raffle. Only racers will be able to win one of the 7 paddles, dozens of shirts, hats, stickers, and rack pads, we'll be giving way.

See you all there!!

#5 Fri, 09/07/2012 - 9:05pm

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.151 seconds.