Surfski video

Allwave Showboating - Sardegna Island - Italy october 2012

Submitted by allwave on Mon, 10/08/2012 - 3:25am

Paddle Sports International is producing both the CX surfski (shown) and the Helium OC-1.

Many surfski paddlers are saying the CX is the best downind boat out there.

I'd like to add that in my opinion, the Helium is one of the best all around canoes on the market today as well. It is fast in flat water, and surfs unreal. It is being sold as a boat for smaller paddlers, but at 6'4 and 200 lbs it works great for me. The V bottom slices through the bump ahead when connecting waves. It does spend a bit of time underwater, but I think the Hurricane proved that a canoe can spend time underwater and still be effective in the surf provided it pops up clean with out slowing you down. The Helium does this, and pops up cleaner and you lose less speed than the Hurricane. Remember a bigger volume boat may not pearl as easily, but when it does, you pretty much plow a lot of water and lose a lot of speed.

Do yourself a favor, and try a Helium! Also, do us all a favor and only comment if you've tried one or know what you're talking about.

#1 Mon, 10/08/2012 - 4:00am

Alipp,

You blatantly advertise your product. You add your "unbiased" opinion even though you are a distributor of the product, and then ask us to only comment on an open forum based on your rules.

Boats looks great, but you don't want to come off like Hypr!

J

#2 Mon, 10/08/2012 - 5:06am

All in good fun!
J

#3 Mon, 10/08/2012 - 5:09am

Did I Foo up?

Yes I do sell the boats, and I think the Helium needs to get more recognition, it is a very good boat.

Note I didn't put any other boats down, but was trying to avoid having people who have never tried the boat jump on and say how much better than the Helium this or that other canoe is,.

As for the smaller volume boat that 'knifes' through the water vs the larger volume boat that 'floats' the connections, I'm up for discussion on that subject.

#4 Mon, 10/08/2012 - 5:30am

No worries! I just like it when this place gets lively. I checked out the Kaolele in Hawaii recently and thought the adjustable peddle system was the bomb and should come on all boats!

Peace out,

J

#5 Mon, 10/08/2012 - 6:58am

hi guys..
nice to read your discussion regarding our canoes!
well, my personal opinion is that all builder think that the own products are the best...
this is not true, but is true that all paddlers have to try different models, this because all canoes are different and also all paddlers are different.
first the sea conditions, in Hawaii there are different waves than Europe, second the weight of the athletes are different, also there are a different type of races, usually in Hawaii there are a lot of downwind, I was in Molkai solo with our canoes in 2002,2003,2005,2007 and 2010, only in one edition was upwind.
also there are some other considerations...but this just to think that the best is to try many models, this is the only way to find a best canoe for you.
there is some my friends that bought hawaiian canoes, even if are my friends, the most important things is TO PROMOTE THIS WONDERFUL SPORT!!
Tom Bartlet was in our Race in Europe "Allwave Cup 2012" and we gived a special prize to him for the good promotion to this sport and because Tom and him's wife raced in our race with real spirit of this sport!
for all these things, I can say to you only...enjoy the sea and I hope that our work will be appreciate from you!
also...sorry for my bad english,,I'm learning time after time...
ciao from Italy!
Roberto e Mario
Allwave group

21 km Allwave cup 2011 from allwave on Vimeo.

#6 Tue, 10/09/2012 - 10:32am

same video, but in hight resolution on vimeo

#7 Sun, 10/21/2012 - 1:16am

Mahalo Allwave for posting your recent surfski video on this site, however, do wish instead, that this was an OC-1 video of your canoes doing the same thing in the surf. If you have any OC-1 videos surfing the shorebreak, please post them. Also, congratulations on the Allwave CX surfski victory in the ILH Girls 250 Meter Sprint Championship yesterday, which was quite an exciting race.

#8 Sun, 10/21/2012 - 8:07am

Not sure what you mean by the "Allwave CX Surfski victory in the ILH Girls 250 meter Sprint Championship"?

Who was the person or school who actually used the CX? Since it wasn't surfski companies racing against each other.

#9 Sun, 10/21/2012 - 10:17am

Good question Nakana,
But compared to other sports, info on paddling events is rather sparse. But there are some pictures on the League's website showing the CX: http://ilhsports.com/photos-ilh-kayaking-championships-10-20-12/

Sure wish there were more coverage and details, but kayaking isn't football or vollyball.

#10 Mon, 10/22/2012 - 12:25am

Agree definitely need better ILH coverage of sports like canoe paddling coming up in Hawaii in the next few months and the recently completed kayaking season. You know my daughters just finished cross country and volleyball and even those sports have sparse to nill coverage. Maybe it should be the responsibility of the ILH sport specific point of contact person to insure each sport has a designated photographer for events with this person also responsible for updating event results.

I know this is not a Hawaii specific website but maybe others from CONUS or Canada can comment on how their children's canoe, kayak event results get reported and coverage. I'm guessing the same way we get coverage. It would be interesting for nationwide coverage of kayaking to be centralized so everyone can see how others are doing for time results. This could even be used for college recruiting purposes. Just a thought.

#11 Mon, 10/22/2012 - 8:03am

hi guys..
thank you for your comment!
we are making other video regarding the outriggers, unfortunately in our last race was really flat water, but you can see this video of our Allwave Cup.
ciao from Italy

#12 Thu, 11/01/2012 - 12:16pm

Barbour Internatinal jacket has a 75 years history.
Barbour International jackets is well-known and hot sale all over the world.

All of us know that Barbour Sale is a perfect brand for English.
It’s the most popular jacket in Britain and Ireland.
It’s fashion and high quality,it’s the royal jacket for the royal
families in England.

The tailor makes the man.
It’s the new time and 21th century now.
Everyone like to show his best hand to public.
Barbour Jackets Women is the best choice for you.
Everyone has the heart of beauty.
It’s important to buy a perfect and high quality jacket for ourselves.
As a man,it’s pround of owning a Mens Barbour jacket.

#13 Mon, 11/19/2012 - 4:21pm

Sorry 551,

I prefer American made Filson. Since 1897.

http://www.filson.com/

aloha,
pog

#14 Mon, 11/19/2012 - 10:23pm

we want say "thank you" to CX Allwave team for the season 2012 that at our fantastic debut in the World Cup have obtained the following results:
Pat Dolan 3° Molokai Surfski
Mariano Bifano 1° Italian Champion
Alexa Cole 1° World cup Sardegna
Craig Flanagan 2° World cup South Africa
Simon Van Gysen World Cup 2012
1° Alicante - 4° San Francisco - 2° Sardegna - 3° South Africa
4° Cape point Challenge
Dane Sloss World cup
3° Sardegna 2° Greece
Daniel Sancez Viloria
4° World cup greece
Hawaiian Championship
1° Mike Beyer
2° Andrew Glatzel.
thank you again...and looking forward for the next seasons!
Roberto e Mario
Allwave Italia

#15 Thu, 12/27/2012 - 7:08am

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.191 seconds.