Board Short - Paddle Donation. Dec 7, 2013

Aloha gang! Usually every year I donate all my board shorts and rash guards to a high-school paddling team. (Seeing kids paddle in basketball shorts - T-shirt kills me)This year I would like to do the same but with more sizes for the student athletes. If you want to rid of your boardies and stoke out some kids, Donate them! So in efforts to collect your donations Manny and his PA‘A gang has graciously allowed me to setup a tent to collect your donations at this weekends PA‘A Toys for Tots race. I kindly ask you if you can please spread the word and share the message. Lets stoke out the kids and give them some proper paddling gear. If you also want to donate your old wooden paddles I will also gladly take those to a school in need.

Attached is an image of a group of kids who paddle out of Keehi Lagoon. There is about 100+ kids that paddle in the lagoon and more than half use plastic oars to practice, most never touch a wooden blade till race day. Everyday they practice in basketball shorts and t-shirts. Lets make a difference!

Mahalo, Kapuni

AttachmentSize
boys.jpg80.54 KB

Submitted by shurl0ck on Mon, 12/02/2013 - 10:23pm

This sounds like a really good idea to keep kids stoked! I hope you get a lot of donations!

#1 Tue, 12/03/2013 - 8:40am

Shurlock,
I like the kokua you're offering to the local kids. People like you with ideas like this only help the sport grow.

Is there an address we can send our extra jerseys and board shorts to? I'm sure the folks up here in Cali and elsewhere have a ton of gear that they'd be willing to donate. A flat-rate box can hold a lot of jerseys etc.

KKP

#2 Tue, 12/03/2013 - 11:04am

Do you have an address we could send stuff to. Thanks

#3 Tue, 12/03/2013 - 11:04am

Good point KK. I've got multiple pairs of shorts that I don't fit in anymore that I'd donate to these kids. Shurlock, if you don't want to publicly post an address, send me a PM.

#4 Tue, 12/03/2013 - 11:16am

This is an awesome idea - I've got a heap fo paddle tops which I can also send you.

please send me a PM with your postal address. i can even send some paddle tops for the girls too (from my wife's collection!)

Aloha

#5 Tue, 12/03/2013 - 2:18pm

Mahalo so much guys. I've received some donations today and was able to stoke some kids out with some gear.

#6 Tue, 12/03/2013 - 6:35pm

Aloha guys, I wanted to remind those who are racing at tomorrow's Toys for Tots race that I will have a tent set up to collect any board-shorts and paddles that you want to donate to a student athlete. Also, PA‘A tent will be collecting Toys so don't forget that too! Please spread the word. Mahalo gang!!

#7 Fri, 12/06/2013 - 6:59pm

Mr. Lock I got choke jerseys for the kids. I'll get them to you.

#8 Sun, 12/08/2013 - 4:22pm

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.184 seconds.