Broken foot pedal.

Looking to replace a foot pedal on a Kaku Elua. Asking for suggestions. Mahalo..

Submitted by SFPaddler on Sat, 09/21/2013 - 12:48am

You can try to scavenge one from someone with a broken canoe or surfski, preferably both pedals and the hinge assembly so they match.

#1 Sat, 09/21/2013 - 4:59am

Alipp. Thanks for the suggestion but I haven't found anybody to scavenge from. I do have 1 good pedal to use as a pattern but unsure what material to use and where to source them. anybody know where I can get a small Piece of carbon board? I suppose I can use aluminum too.

#2 Sat, 09/21/2013 - 5:58am

What material is your current pedal made from, and how thick? Carbon sheet is not too difficult to find (Google it and you'll find a number of places carrying all manner of styles and thicknesses). You may be able to find it in a model aircraft hobby shop as well. You could also make up two new pedals out of carbon, aluminum, or similar so they match. Another alternative would be to order pedals from another surf ski or canoe manufacturer and adapt them to your boat.

#3 Sat, 09/21/2013 - 6:32pm

contact any of the usual boat builders. they should have if they're building in house.

#4 Sat, 09/21/2013 - 6:40pm

Just replaced my pedals on my Pueo, call me at 808-336-1870, you can have the used ones.Hope this helps

#5 Sat, 09/28/2013 - 9:09pm

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.148 seconds.