Hoping To Try OC-1 on The Big Island

Hey everyone,
Last time we were in Hawaii I saw a lot of OC-1 paddlers and I thought it looked like a lot of fun. I'm an avid whitewater paddler and have done a fair amount of SUP as well. We're heading to the Big Island next week and I'd really like to give OC-1 a try. Any ideas on where I might be able to rent one? I've looked up local clubs, but am not really sure where to start. We'll be staying near Waikoloa.

Mahalo in advance!
Jeremy

Submitted by Jerlane on Fri, 03/29/2013 - 5:35am

Ian and Lauren are across from the Kailua Kona pier they rent oc1s as well as stand up boards. They'll take
good care of you and have great knowledge of paddling.
Lessons
Surf Lessons
Standup Paddle Lessons
Paddle Surf Lessons
Outrigger Canoe Lessons
To Make Reservations call us at:
808 990 - 7776 or 808 960 - 4667
or you can email us at:
ian@hyprnalu.com
lauren@hyprnalu.com

#1 Fri, 03/29/2013 - 5:50pm

Jun and Sarah at Hulakai are awesome
At Mauna Lani
closer to wikoloa
Not sure about OC1 but this is Hawaii just ask lots of aloha here

808-896-3141.
http://hulakai.com
Hulaki has been surfing Hawaii since 1963. We’re dedicated to helping you find the ultimate boarding experience. The water is our passion, and our training and demonstrations will help you make sure you get what you’re looking for!

#2 Fri, 03/29/2013 - 5:56pm

Thanks for the info. We're staying at the Mauna Lani, so hula kai sounds perfect!

Mahalo!

#3 Sat, 03/30/2013 - 12:28pm

Well, unfortunately we made it back to Minnesota after a great week on the Big Island. I was able to rent an OC-1 from Uncle Gary down the beach from The Mauna Lani Hotel at his shop in front of the Mauna Lani Resort beach club. He was very cool about it. I asked the folks at the shop in front of the hotel and they only offered a plastic boat that seemed fit for a kid.

I really enjoyed it. What a great sport! I wish I had an ocean nearby to do it on regularly. Until next time.

Thanks again for the help!

#4 Fri, 04/12/2013 - 4:06pm

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.494 seconds.