Kai Ko'o Paddles

Im very interested in these paddles I have yet to use one but have heard great things about them. I had originally planned on picking up a makana alii but coach les hasn't picked up his phone and if he doesn't want the business then oh well.
Just wonding what your guys experiences are with the Kai Ko'o papio blade.
also wondering if the carbon fiber sheet is for strength or weight on the back because my preferance has always been full wood.
Mahalo

Submitted by jake5150 on Tue, 11/26/2013 - 9:50am

pretty sure they use the fiber sheets for add't strength, but they'll make em to order just let Steve know what you are looking for, he's a very reliable dude.

we've raced their blades 2 yrs now both in CA & HI waters and in my opinion ko'o definitely passes the pepsi challenge. their solid shaft, arched double bend design is really comfortable and I prefer it to the abrupt angle most double-bends seem to have up near the handle.

#1 Tue, 11/26/2013 - 2:01pm

Jake,
Give us a call. We'd be happy to work with you on building your custom blade. We're sending a box of demo Papio blades to our rep on O'ahu in early December. We can get you in contact with him to try one of them out.

To answer your question about the carbon fiber, we use it for strength purposes. The same can be said for standard fiber mesh. Basically, it comes down to what you want in your blade. You think it and we'll build it.

Aloha,
Kai Ko'o Paddles

kaikoopaddles.com

#2 Tue, 11/26/2013 - 2:27pm

Hey, Jake, just to add my $0.02, I and a bunch of guys I paddle with used Kai Ko'o paddles for distance season and channel and everyone has been very happy with them.

#3 Tue, 11/26/2013 - 2:40pm

Thanks for the responses. I am fully blown away by this companies customer service. I sent an email with a couple questions got a call back in the same day and arranged to try out a demo blade later this week. best customer service around and I have a feeling the blade will live up to it.

#4 Tue, 11/26/2013 - 8:12pm

I've paddled with my Kia Ko'o Papio for two seasons (six man) in So Cal and HI and I love it. Looking forward to purchasing a kkp double bend steering blade this season.

#5 Wed, 11/27/2013 - 9:55am

Kai Ko'o Paddles

#6 Thu, 11/28/2013 - 4:20am

Our rep on O'ahu is Lance Karratti (808) 306-7537. You folks can either shoot him a call to inquire about trying out some demo blades or email us at kaikoopaddles@gmail.com with any questions you may have. Either way we'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody.

Kai Ko'o Paddles

#7 Thu, 11/28/2013 - 6:09am

hey everybody I've used a demo papio blade for a few times now. it is perfectly balanced at your bottom hand feels super sturdy and pulls serious water. got nothing but good things to say about this companies customer service and product. just ordered one, everyone should try one out if can.

#8 Mon, 12/09/2013 - 9:00am

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.184 seconds.