Kamanu new gen ama

Any one had much time on the new ama ?
Worth dropping the $500 ?

Submitted by Bambam62 on Sat, 12/21/2013 - 10:35am

The new ama is killer. Surfs really well and doesn't track as hard as 1st gen. Not $500 though. You're looking at $700 total after tax.

#1 Sat, 12/21/2013 - 11:06pm

Im assuming you are talking about the Pueo ama? Worth every penny. I used to be Super Duper Slow, and now Im just Super Slow.

But foreal, I came from using an XM on North Shore runs, and loved it then tried the Pueo a few times, but had hard time with the old ama wanting to track really hard. The New ama is Epic in my opinion.

its even epic on the aukahi.

I believe $500 is a good deal I remember paying a little more.

#2 Sat, 12/21/2013 - 11:15pm

cool! i have an Aukahi being sprayed and laid this week. excited to paddle it with the new ama now.

#3 Tue, 12/24/2013 - 11:51am

Gotta agree, just got my second generation ama several days ago for use on my first generation Pueo. It only took four months after my initial order. Only used it once, but immediately felt the difference in the responsiveness. It also floats higer and entry is a little further back kinda like a Scorpius ama. And yes it was $ 700+ not $500. Yup, not cheap, but, you get what you pay for. But, to me, if you use something a lot, then it's worth every penny you spend. Hey, life is short, every hour spent paddling, and every dollar spent toward the sport is worth it. Enjoying the beauty of God's creation in every stroke you take is truly a blessing! TYJ (guess it's time to sell the old ama now)

#4 Mon, 01/13/2014 - 11:29pm

Yup I'm at the point in my life age wise that enjoying every minute of life should be appreciated, 40-49 category for 1 more year. Not in a religious way but just because health=wealth in so many words. I like the way molokaipake rationalizes the $700 spent for the ama. If it makes you happy then it's worth it. I've only heard good things about the new ama so far and now thinking of dropping some $$$ soon too.

More feedback appreciated on the new ama on the Pueo 1 please.

#5 Tue, 01/14/2014 - 3:52pm

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.159 seconds.