My new OC1!

I'm just about to head down to the boat compound to pick up my new Hurricane! Three of us have been waiting since this winter for our 'ships to come in'. Finally the shipment from Ozone which arrived in Portland last month has made its way up north here to Vancouver.

It will be so motivating to have our own boats. Our club boats have served us well and we are grateful that we had the use of them but to have our own boats will take our training up a notch!

Just wanted to share the excitement!

Can you recall how it felt when you got your first OC1??!!

Got any tips for us as new boat owners?

mahalo,
Erin

Submitted by ho'okele on Sat, 08/17/2013 - 5:03am

Downwinder!

#1 Sat, 08/17/2013 - 12:14pm

It's always fun to be able to go paddling when you want, where you want with YOUR boat. Hope you guys have a last paddling together. Did all of you get Hurricanes?

#2 Sun, 08/18/2013 - 1:11am

Yes, Eric, all three of us got our Hurricanes yesterday! And our inaugural paddle was oh-so sweet! The boats feel feather light, easy to carry, easy to paddle.

We are heading to Kona for the Wailkaloa and Queen Liliuokalani on Tuesday so no more OC1 fun for us until we get back to the West Coast. The boats will be a great welcoming committee upon our return though.

#3 Sun, 08/18/2013 - 5:23am

Have fun at Queen Lili. My club did that race last year and we had a blast. Great location for a fun race.

#4 Sun, 08/18/2013 - 7:03am

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.122 seconds.