No water at Kaimana

Now that the water has been shut off at Kaimana, anyone know what that attachment that controls the valve in the ground is called and where I can buy one? Thanks.

Submitted by archy on Tue, 12/31/2013 - 3:40am

Diamond Head Sprinkler Supply

#1 Tue, 12/31/2013 - 5:15pm

Pacific Outdoor Living

#2 Tue, 12/31/2013 - 8:17pm

The part that goes into the Quick Coupler Valve in the ground is called several names; Quick Coupler Keys, Quick Coupling Keys and Valve Keys. Diamond Head Sprinkler Supply is where most people get them from.

The size of the base of the coupler key OD (outer diameter) is 1 inch on the ones most of us use at Kaimana, Magic Island and other beaches. Make sure you know this when you ask the salesperson for the part. Depending on the cost, you can get the other parts needed to connect a hose there (hose thread valve swivel or a hose bibb valve and 90 degree elbow) or you can go to Home Depot or Lowes for them instead.

#3 Wed, 01/01/2014 - 12:30am

Mahalo, everyone. Happy new year!

#4 Wed, 01/01/2014 - 8:59am

If you get in a jam, call Hekili Painting. Great guys

#5 Wed, 01/01/2014 - 9:29am

How do I contact Pacific Outdoor Living ? Understand they are the sole rep for Round Up on o'ahu and the contact for Obama For Emperor Committee.

#6 Fri, 01/03/2014 - 9:09pm

You had to go there huh? Go Oklahoma!

#7 Sat, 01/04/2014 - 7:45am

Don Julio 1924.

#8 Sat, 01/04/2014 - 10:43am

someone emailed me this comment for posting:

Aloha Kaimana paddlers,

As you may have noticed, the spigot has been removed from the fountain area where we all used to wash our canoes, now we have to us the sprinkler heads on the grass area. I noticed the other day that the area behind the monument is getting soaked and muddy. Being that there are heads that we can use every 20-30 feet apart, I would like to suggest that we rotate the usage of heads so we don't damage the grass and get it all muddy. Also, using a nozzle will help control the water flow so we don't over saturate the grass area. That is the reason the spigot was removed because the fountain area was always muddy and slippery. If we don't take care of the area, we may oneday find that the water is turned off and that would be a bummer. Let us all do our part to keep the park in good shape so we keep the park workers happy.

Mahalos....

#9 Sun, 01/12/2014 - 9:09pm

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.193 seconds.