Pegasus speed in the flats?

There's a Pegasus for sale close enough to where I'll be travelling later this summer that it's of interest to me. From the photos it looks like a beautiful boat, and from the specs it sounds like it should be fast. I'm a little over the normal weight range recommendation (I'm typically 195 - 200 lbs, 6' tall). Any comments about how this boat runs in the flats? Would my extra weight (over the 180 lb max recommended) cause me any distress when the waves pick up? Thanks!

Submitted by red_pepper on Mon, 08/19/2013 - 4:23pm

Look for an XS, XM, or Pueo as the Peggie is terrific for lighter people but not someone your weight. If you want a fun canoe and aren't extremely competitive, you'll have fun on the Peggie on the flats but may bog down a bit when it picks up. My opinion. I am 160 and have owned 2 Peggies.

#1 Mon, 08/19/2013 - 7:53pm

agreed...Pegasus is awesome in flat and into the wind, but you are too big for her....I'd go with XM if you can find one...XS at minimum..
straight flat water boat into the wind and no surf you can do a hurricane.

#2 Tue, 08/20/2013 - 7:25am

Thanks for the feedback. I think I've come across a Storm for sale; probably a much better boat for me.

#3 Tue, 08/20/2013 - 8:33am

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.265 seconds.