Scuffs on clear coat carbon

I love my new XS, but it came without color, so its clear coat over black. Problem is that every scratch shows up and the area on the hull where it sits on my rack pads are scuffed up. I'm wondering if a little rubbing compound will take care of this. Wanted to ask before I tried it and made it worse.

Zumapop

Submitted by zumapop on Wed, 01/02/2013 - 4:25pm

try the MacGuire scratch remover and then Turtle wax with a low speed buffer. Did th job for me. Try a small area and then if it works, go from thee. The Ozone clear coats to scratch easy and don't sand too hard as it takes off more of the clear coast. Try misting clear and black.

#1 Wed, 01/02/2013 - 8:10pm

If you fix what happend from normal use with 2000 grit and polishing compound, what will you do next ?

Serious answer ... Nothing bad gonna happen to va'a so don't worry about 'till time to sell and make pretty pretty.

If don't believe, call the builder for same answer.

aloha,
pog

#2 Thu, 01/03/2013 - 1:03am

Thanks pog, my only real concern is resale when its time, I cant even feel the difference, so it can wait.

#3 Thu, 01/03/2013 - 3:10pm

Yep on that 'cause as everytime you 'fix' it its gonna get thinner .... Put a piece of clean foam between racks and hull. If no foam just use shirt or paper towel even.

EZ to keep in car / truck.

apologies if sound mean in odda' email.

aloha,
pog

#4 Sat, 01/05/2013 - 12:18am

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.171 seconds.