Storm

I was looking at the results from the Molo-solo and several other large races and noticed that not one of the paddlers were paddling a Storm. Of course lots of XM's, XS's, Pueo's, new Pueo's, even a few Zyphers and others sprinkled in there. No one was racing a Storm. Made me wonder, this is suppose to be an amazing boat and one that personally I am very interested in. Yet no one is racing them. Why?

Submitted by joelmkrause on Wed, 06/19/2013 - 12:07pm

There were at least two teams using the Storm that finished 16th and 18th in the Molokai Relay this year. Tyson Kubo/Mike Giblin (Maui) and Pascal Seunaneche/Bertrand Baechler (France).

Tyson Rodrigues raced the Kanaka Ikaika Series using a Storm this year and places about the same as when he used a Pueo.

Another Storm user at the Kanaka Ikaika series is Jack Roney who is another top finisher.

There are a few others besides these two that race the Storm (I see at least 5 Storm OC1's at the races), but I'm not familiar with the others names. I know they seem to do pretty well.

Edit: Guess I was wrong about the second team paddling the Storm in the Relay as I was going off what craft was listed on the Results.

#1 Thu, 06/20/2013 - 3:56am

Here is an intersting discussion which btw mentions the Storm. BTW (again)- I hear the Storm is very popular on the Maliko runs, and very fast on Maliko.

http://outriggerzone.com/product-insights/q-a-with-john-puakea/

#2 Wed, 06/19/2013 - 3:58pm

Great article, love reading about the guys pushing the limits of what we think is normal. What is coming out of the Ozone factory right now is mind boggling. I don't think any of us truly appreciate the quality of the product, the technology that is being used is what was used to make the spaceship. Here on Maui I see the Storm all over, I just find it interesting that it is not being used more by top end paddlers. That said, it looks like E7M has seen some high end paddlers utilizing the boats.

#3 Wed, 06/19/2013 - 4:07pm

E7M- Bertrand and Pascal were on my custom (Maui built) XS for the MoloRelay. When they signed their entry they thought they were going to be on an OZONE XS which is what they paddle in France. Joel- try every canoe you can to see what works best for you. Your weight is a very important factor. If 165 or less the Ozone XS is very lively. Up to about 185, the Custom Xs or OZONE XM are ideal and in that weight range, probably the Storm and Pueo as well as the XM in big surf. Custom XM and Pueo probably carries a paddler well who is maybe under 220 lbs, then the Scorpius for the bigger boys. Most important, it is still an individual thing. What canoe is best for a specific paddler is a personal choice due to what conditions the person prefers to paddle in, their type of stroke and muscular condition. Just because a certain canoe works well for your friend doesn't mean it is the canoe for you. Custom XS and XMs had terrific results in the major races this year - great paddlers paddling a canoe that works for them although the conditions for most of the races were far from ideal.

#4 Wed, 06/19/2013 - 10:56pm

Joel, proof is in the puddin. Good observation. Some boats just dont catch on. Many paddlers just dont like it! Further, just try and repair a Storm!! Not to mention that the boats manufactured in China, Giblin or otherwise, do not have a great rep re quality. As to weight, the Scorpius boats, even the Custom Maui made XS, are sub 17. Many paddlers do not think lighter than that is better.

#5 Fri, 09/13/2013 - 8:06am

I think i might argue that point Canoe, look at the Euhkai. This boat is made of the exact same process, coming from China and it is on a waiting list for months to get one. The Storm changed the market, it came in with so many new concepts, single footwell, new design process, super light weight, etc. That people were afraid of it. They didn't believe in it since it was so different from what they knew. The second boat comes out, the Euhkai, with many of the same features and process, people are stoked on it. Here on Maui, on Maliko runs each weekend I see two or three Storms and the boogie. In response to your statement about fixing them, will shit no boat is easy to fix. I got a buddy that's all he does is fix one mans and six mans, he fixes all kinds. He says, they are heck of alot easier to fix then an older boat. The older boat use the gel coat paint, and that stuff is crap.

I would be interested to find out it Giblin has any sponsored paddlers vs. Kai vs. Kamanu vs......

What I think is that right now we are fortunate enough to have a multitude of amazing boats on the market.

#6 Fri, 09/13/2013 - 9:16am

I've got a Storm and I love it! After a bit of a learning curve, (as all OC1's have) this canoe does exceptionally well in the big wind swell that we get up here in the PNW.

#7 Fri, 09/13/2013 - 10:09am

Joel. there is a waiting list because production has yet to start. And, because of the canoe's relation to the Pueo and to Jonny Puakea. Not because of the fragile construction. Not because of new tech. Not because of weight. Not because of footwells. Certainly not because of China.

Further, because it will be mass made in China and no wait beyond about 30 days will ever develop, the canoe will not hold value!

If the Euhkai works, then you will, in short order, see a traditional and Hawaiian made "Custom" Euhkai canoe offered up for an additional $1000.

People are afraid of the Storm because it is just not working.

(all in my humble opinion)

#8 Fri, 09/13/2013 - 5:03pm

maybe if the inventory builds the price of canoes will get cheaper allowing more people to get into the sport. We have a long way to go to make this sport more popular everywhere. It is a hard sport, and expensive for most plus the storage problems. Smart for the SUP manufacturers to make a blowup board as in many places you inflate/deflate for use, transporting and storage.

#9 Sat, 09/14/2013 - 12:02am

Canoerace, when you say that people are afraid of the Storm because it is just not working, what do you mean by that? Can you say what you think is not working? What aspect are you referring to? Let me add that I paddle a Storm and have for a year. I'm a convert from surfski/SUP and have logged many hours in it and am, in fact, training for a LD iron event which I plan to paddle with the Storm. I paddle OC6 as well. Anyway, just curious if you can expound a bit on that statement? Thanks

#10 Sat, 09/14/2013 - 4:17pm

Canoe, you had a Storm. My guess through your response is that you didn't like it. Why not say that?

I paddled an XM extended, it did not work for me. Thats okay, still an awesome boat. I can't fit in a XS, does not mean the boat is a bad boat

You say that the boat won't hold value due to being mass made.

How about the Hurricane?

The hurricane has been mass produced for years, and it holds value over any other boat made at the time period.

The Storm is made over see's to keep the cost down, if you were to try and build a boat in that process on Maui, it would cost the consumer closer to 6K just to make a small profit.

Again, the great thing about right now is that we have choices of so many boats. Amazing boats. Kamanu, Giblin, Johnny, Kai they are all pushing the boundaries. Try boats and find the one you love.

#11 Mon, 09/16/2013 - 1:22pm

Find a canoe you like and not wonder about what other people are using,because like you said,a particular canoe might not suit you,but work great for someone else.Sometimes you don't get to realize a particular canoe's strong points until you put it into the right conditions for it.Case in point,I didn't think the extended Scorpius XM was vastly superior to others until I had it in some ground swell,then was I so glad.(I would be happy in a regular Scorpius also in those conditions were I heavier)

#12 Mon, 09/16/2013 - 2:00pm

canoerace,

You make all these statements to make it sound like you know what you're talking about, but you are not providing any information to back up what you're saying.

How about you provide some substantial information why you think that this new construction method won't work? People that I've talked to are stoked about being able to paddle a 17lb canoe versus a 30 pounder. They also like the fact that the construction is leaps and bounds stronger than that of the traditional 2-halve layup.

So, what's your beef? I'm genuinely interested to hear it.

#13 Tue, 09/17/2013 - 4:56am

Thats right, Joel, Kava, Paddlefast, each of us has a different paddling style, expertise level, venue, weight, etc., etc. Give them a go. I have, you all should. Buy a Storm, Joel. But be careful. It is extremely fragile. Anybody repair one yet?? I am genuinely interested.

But, Kileki, not even Mike Giblin has re-invented the egg. No seams? Tap on the storage platforms, fore and aft, and see what you get. Opps, excuse me, More empty statements.These platforms are plastic inserts which state: "do not sit on"

And, Kileki, a custom XS is a sub -17 lb boat. Not 30. A custom Pueo can be as low as 18. Less weight is not needed.

Finally, as long as you are asking, Kileki, I have found that the Storm's weight is the least of its attributes. Up wind, it is horrible. In choppy cross current, it is horrible. Due to its volume, it can tie the bumps together. Providing you catch one. And that is hard with the Storm since it cannot be hustled into a wave. You gotta be in the right place to begin with.

My experience and opinion only guys. And I don't know what I am talking about. It is all just a game! Have fun. Just go buy one and try it. Really-we all are lucky. A new day is coming! Mahalo Luke, Kai, Jonnie, Mike. Aloha!

#14 Tue, 09/17/2013 - 6:25pm

It sounds to me like your paddling style doesn't fit the boat. That doesn't make the boat bad, it makes you bad for the boat.

As to the construction of it; autoclave cured prepreg carbon fiber is one of the strongest composite construction methods that is available in the market today. Trust me, I spent two years building Predator drones utilizing the same method of construction. Does it break on occasion? You bet. But, it takes a serious blow to create damage to this type of construction. Fragile...I think not.

Also, you talk about the forward and aft hatches. The way that these canoes are able to be of a one-piece construction is that the prepreg is laid up around an inflatable bladder. There has to be a way for them to remove this bladder after the cure process is complete. This construction method creates a solid cylinder (if you will) of bonded material that is incredibly strong. Were you wanting to sit on the hatches or something? I don't get your argument there.

It seems to me that your arguments against Mike's process is very mis-informed. I urge you to do some more research before you start throwing stones.

#15 Wed, 09/18/2013 - 6:01am

Kileki, I urge you to get some miles in open-ocean oc-1 paddling under your okole before you start insulting people. You will find that more rewarding than building war machines.

Bottom line is proof is in the pudding-as Joel began this thread with. We will see.

Aloha, Peace!

Tom

#16 Wed, 09/18/2013 - 7:14am

I'm not sure where you think I insulted you. I merely made an attempt to enlighten you about a process that, judging by your comments above, you know little about. But that's cool, it's not for everybody.

#17 Wed, 09/18/2013 - 8:01am

Carbon fibre boats are very strong but they do have a weakness, which is that they are not very impact resistant. For example, if you hit the hull of a carbon fibre boat with the edge of your paddle, you will most likely create a little mark. I did this to a Storm I was demoing. I also have a friend who tightened the straps too hard when he was transporting his boat on his car. The straps left little indentation marks in the hull. His boat was an ultralight Pueo.

#18 Wed, 09/18/2013 - 9:09am

The entertaining part of this thread is that kileki accuses other posters of being non experts in the field of canoes and canoe paddling. Then qualifies her own expertise by stating that she builds carbon fiber war planes. Apparently such activity makes you an expert on canoe design, building, and boat behavior in the liquid medium. Her canoe expertise has also been honed by decades of paddling on the bays and lakes of the Pacific Northwest. Time to move to Washington state, everyone. Once there you'll be a paddling expert too.

#19 Wed, 09/18/2013 - 10:18am

I apologize if I offended anybody in this. I was merely trying to explain a construction process to a poster who, for whatever reason, wanted to bash on Giblin's process.

Ultimately, not everybody can be satisfied I suppose.

#20 Wed, 09/18/2013 - 12:48pm

I don't actually think there's any bashing of the process...I think the point is that although the canoes from Ozone are crazy light, they're also fragile. But this is true of any canoe coming from any builder that's that light. Not trynna bash ozone, but those Storms take a dent just by looking at 'em funny. But they are undeniably the lightest canoe going.

#21 Wed, 09/18/2013 - 1:00pm

Here's the real problem with the Storm. No paddler that has a Pueo or Scorpius is demoing the Storm and then saying after " I did better against my fellow paddlers than I normally do". What paddlers are seeing is, when someone gets on a Storm and races it, they do not do better on the Storm then their previous Pueo or Scorp. The first time I used a Scorpius xm in 2011 Oahu champs race I did significantly better than the other canoe I was using. Maybe you can "learn" a canoe, but who wants to take that chance that they will learn it and eventually get faster. That's a big risk of $4200. Takes a lot of faith.

#22 Wed, 09/18/2013 - 2:08pm

246365, Washington does get good downwind conditions on the bays and lakes....heck, even the rivers get bumps up here!

#23 Wed, 09/18/2013 - 2:12pm

Downwinders!

#24 Wed, 09/18/2013 - 4:19pm

I think JC can attest to how good the surf can be on a river........and how well the Canadians do on the said river on their old Hurricanes!

#25 Wed, 09/18/2013 - 4:36pm

Ozone and some other manufacturers use a foam core while some such as Kai use a "Corematt" material. Foam can dent but is stiffer while corematt doesn't dent easily but is not as stiff. Either layup can take a lot of abuse out in the open ocean due to the nature of the ocean action. A lighter layup canoe can also be correspondingly "softer" but that doesn't affect its performance as one can see by the major race results. Some people feel more comfortable with a stiffer canoe which will be generally heavier (other than the OZONE process) while the fastest paddlers more often prefer the lighter softer layup. OZONE uses unilateral carbon material while the Kamanu and Kai Waa use a multiweave carbon fiber I believe. Some manufacturers won't sell their lightest layup canoe to a noneteam paddler as these canoes take a bit of expertise to use as they are more fragile when as an example hit by a paddle or other objects or used in shoreline surf or possibly damaged on land by incorrectly carrying the canoe or transporting it - although out on the ocean they are just great. This is one reason why people often want a "team rider" used canoe - they are willing to buy a more fragile lighter canoe as it will be generally faster if it is the same hull shape, i.e. Pueo, XM, XS etc . Main thing, have fun paddling.

#26 Wed, 09/18/2013 - 11:22pm

I've heard that you can get dents in foam core boats out by going over them carefully with a blow dryer and the heat will re expand the air bubbles in the foam. Not sure if it works, but it's worth a try if you have some strap dents or other dents in your boat.

#27 Thu, 09/19/2013 - 2:06am

Quick note on talk about being faster on the Storm.

I had an older Zypher, solid boat...just real heavy. This was my first boat the boat I learned on and beat up as we all do. My last time doing a Maliko on the Zypher was 1 hour 35 mins..not good, but whatever.

I bought the Storm. Practiced on it for a month, flat water sprints four days a week. Did my first Maliko run. 1 hour 15 mins....

#28 Thu, 09/19/2013 - 7:48am

Looks like the Storm has generated a "storm" of controversy! :) I've been following this thread with interest since I'm hoping to pick up one of these boats in the very near future (also seriously considering a Scorpius XM; Pueo's seem to be impossible to find on the mainland). With some background in composites, I'm comfortable with and potentially impressed with the construction (potentially because I haven't actually seen one yet, nor do I know how they lay it up). From talking with a friend who owns one and from what I've read, it appears that those who paddle in somewhat smaller conditions are very impressed with the boat (apparently it's faster in flat water than the Hurricane), but some who paddle in bigger conditions claim it's more difficult to pick up a wave than it is with some other boats. Any thoughts by those who own one? It also looks like the one-piece footwell would be more comfortable in general and more accommodating to bulkier winter gear than 2-piece footwells (you can guess I don't live in Hawaii). I'm just over 6' tall and about 200 lbs; looking for a boat that will be fast on flat water (where most of my paddling is done), but capable in the waves for some races I do on the Great Lakes and the Atlantic Ocean.

#29 Thu, 09/19/2013 - 8:19am

RP,

I'm your same size; 6'-0" 195lb and found that my Storm surfs extremely well in the bigger downwind swell (Columbia River and Bellingham) and it was extremely easy to paddle into (in my opinion). I have had experience in an XM in both San Diego and here in the PNW and my paddling style definitely favors the Storm. I really liked how comfortable I was in the XM and it also surfed extremely well in San Diego, but for whatever reason, when I got up to the PNW, it just didn't perform as well.

#30 Thu, 09/19/2013 - 8:27am

Steeper shorter bumps up here. Based on what you're saying, I'd have to guess that the Storm picks up steep short fetch bumps easily, but struggles in bigger slopier groundswell. I have never been on one, so that's speculation on my part.

#31 Thu, 09/19/2013 - 8:47am

Shoots Alan! All you have to do is ask!

-Tyler

#32 Thu, 09/19/2013 - 11:09am

What do I know....but I have many hours on the water in my Storm. Really no experience in the other major performers but I was watching my wife paddle my Storm the other day after getting out of her EPIC surfski. She has zero experience in an OC and I could not believe how fast it accelerated with a liitle awkward effort on her part as compared to the ski. I live on the west coast of FL. Shallow water, short period chop and IMO it handles it well

#33 Thu, 09/19/2013 - 3:39pm

2 cents worth...
Weight, nothing lighter. You'll hear some paddlers (own heavier boats?) say too light isn't good. I've never seen anyone add weight to their canoe for better performance. Light is right.
Durability, I paddled a Storm for a bit, dropped it, banged it into trees, rigged it on rocky beaches, no issues. When you pick it up it "feels" fragile due to its light weight, but use proves otherwise.
Construction, PrePreg carbon is a better (strength to weight) way to build, canoes, planes, Formula 1 cars, bikes, tennis rackets, etc.
Paddling, upwind, faster than other canoes out there. Of course why paddle upwind, that's what trailers are for. Downwind on wind swell, pretty much in the ballpark with everything else. Haven't had one out for winter Maliko conditions.
Peeves, I like an ama that rides real light (Pegasus/XS), just skips across the water but real smooth and easy to control. Storm ama rides light but to me as it rotates up it hits a point where it feels like the hull sticks and doesn't want to rotate back down without major input. At 140 pounds maybe I'm too light for it.

#34 Fri, 09/20/2013 - 7:49am

At 205+ lbs I get the same "sticky" ama feel so it may not be just bodyweight that's effecting the ama. The lightness of the canoe for me is appreciated when acceleration is need. It jumps quick and gets up to speed fast. I find it requires a quicker cadence to keep it up on the glide but once there it settles in well. If I back off down to 55-60 spm it feels more sluggish and fights the glide. Just my thoughts after 2 yrs on it.

#35 Sat, 09/21/2013 - 6:27am

#36 Wed, 02/12/2014 - 10:08am

WOW!

Looks like it's raging.

Best to calibrate your GPS. If you actually went that fast you'd finish the 32 mile solo in about 2:15-2:30. From seeing how many connections you missed in that 3 minute clip I know you are nowhere near that speed. Thanks for the dedication. You illustrated my point brilliantly.

#37 Mon, 11/11/2013 - 11:26am

#38 Wed, 02/12/2014 - 10:08am

Good video Tyler, but I gotta say pulling a 38 minutes in that run is nearly impossible, You might want to recheck your data.

#39 Mon, 11/11/2013 - 2:54pm

Damn...if my crew could sustain a 4 minute mile for 9 miles, and then drop back down to a 10 minute mile, would we have a big enough gap to hold off Shell Va'a till the Hilton?

#40 Mon, 11/11/2013 - 3:04pm

Dang 9 miles is 38mins? You guys have no reason to spend thousands of dollars to do a flat molokai race!!!!! You have the greatest conditions over there!!!

#41 Mon, 11/11/2013 - 3:27pm

Looks like a fun paddle but no "40+ mph winds". At an honest 40+ you'd have tops of the swells blowing off and wind driven foam streaking the surface. Post the GPS, hard to believe 9 miles in 38 minutes.

#42 Mon, 11/11/2013 - 4:05pm

jibofo, good point about the waves. There were a few other things I noticed in the video that led me to believe the time or GPS info was flawed. For now I'll just leave them unsaid to avoid further chafing.

Kileki, it would appear you've found 5 know-it-alls. You excel at bringing them out of hiding. Seems everyone has some kind of talent.

#43 Mon, 11/11/2013 - 6:16pm

9 miles in 38 minutes is an average speed of 14.2mph or 4:13/mile. AVERAGE.
Dude. I was out on that same day on Puget Sound, and I WISHED I could go that fast for even one wave.

#44 Mon, 11/11/2013 - 7:43pm

9 miles.........in 38 minutes........ a little hard to believe, seeing as my fastest mile has been 5:16 on a smoking Hawaii Kai run...but hey maybe you're the next prodigy. Just a little insight into what I think about the storm. It is interesting. It has a different feel as far as sitting "on" the boat, with your feet much lower than your butt. I also find the single footwell interesting, as (almost) all OC's have your feet separated. It almost reminds me of a surf ski, however, because you sit much higher than your feet, it just feels different. And the last thing that I find interesting, is the steering system, especially in the short time that I've tried it, it is really hard to many a somewhat "sharp" turn. It's almost like the wheel system allows too much as far as rudder rotation, and if you press it just a little too much the rudder turns 90 degrees and literally stops you. There was one instance where the rudder actually turned 180 degrees, but that's a different story. But hey what do I know, I just like to catch bumps.

#45 Mon, 11/11/2013 - 8:17pm

I regularly do that run in around an hour, actually slightly more because we usually stop to regroup, or circle back to wait for the slower members of the group. You can see Collin on the orange boat doing this.

The wind definitely peaked above 40 that day, but in the video does not appear to be in that range.

#46 Thu, 11/14/2013 - 6:42am

After going back and looking at all the data and footage it is with great embarrassment that I missed some info the first time around.

Our time on that run was 1:13 with an average overall speed of 7.4 mph.

#47 Tue, 11/12/2013 - 5:12am

Great points and observations by everyone. Still an awesome vid and still a hell of lot better than I could do!
mahalo.

#48 Tue, 11/12/2013 - 9:45am

Please post the link for the video.

#49 Tue, 11/12/2013 - 10:53am

I neglected to watch the whole video through. Now that I did, I have to say, it has to be the single greatest post in ocpaddler.com history.

Holy shit. I'm speechless.

#50 Tue, 11/12/2013 - 2:11pm

This is the single greatest discussion in ocpaddler.com history!

#51 Tue, 11/12/2013 - 2:28pm

Chee! With internet smackdowns old school style like that 247365 could be the newest member of the ocpaddler.com mafia! That's what's wrong with this site anymore: even after kileki got burned, still had hwnwhaler trying to start a love-fest. wtf?
Kileki, you are the best spokesman for the storm ever. Mike Giblin should put you on the payroll.

#52 Tue, 11/12/2013 - 3:36pm

The true quality of the post cannot be appreciated until the final seconds of the video. This is where the genius of Kileki is revealed. I second the motion for best post of all time. Although a good smack down is genius, a self smack down is priceless.

#53 Tue, 11/12/2013 - 8:36pm

I like where the video slows down at 2:05. I can't tell whether it's to highlight flying the ama while missing a bump, or if kileki's trying to show us that he can almost huli and still average almost 15 miles an hour.

#54 Tue, 11/12/2013 - 9:50pm

It was definitely a saved huli. Wasn't ready to go swimming in 55 degree water that day

#55 Wed, 11/13/2013 - 5:37am

To those haters in this thread; I feel sorry for you. I hope you have happier days ahead so that you don't feel the need to cut down other people and their good time.

Am I the world's greatest paddler? Absolutely not. Not even close. I cringe at how many connections I missed in that video. But, I sure as hell try to have as much fun on the water as those guys do.

247365, if you're ever in the NW, hit me up. I'd jump at the opportunity to show you a pretty unique corner of the world where one day you can ski in powder up to your waist, then paddling in a fun downwinder the next.

-TI

#56 Wed, 11/13/2013 - 10:41am

You gotta admit that the whole thing backfired on you when you posted the erroneous data, and did so in an in your face way. If you had just posted the video without the commentary at the end, I doubt people would have been critiquing your paddling. Even if you'd posted the commentary, but got the facts right, you may have skated the most scathing remarks.

Hopefully lesson learned!

AL

#57 Wed, 11/13/2013 - 1:19pm

Kileki
Don't sweat the comments above.
As a long time lurker I've noticed the same kooks making the same negative comments.
At least they didn't go on about Tahitians cheating by paddling faster !

Russ

#58 Wed, 11/13/2013 - 2:52pm

I guess this thread is officially over, just wanted to thank everyone for the laughs, this was pure gold !

#59 Tue, 11/19/2013 - 7:46am

All great threads must come to an end.

Just like a 38 minute 9 mile run.

#60 Wed, 11/20/2013 - 10:20am

@247365- Did you not read his post before, he corrected himself and realized he made a mistake. It was 12 mile run.

P.S. All in jest, no take offense.

#61 Wed, 11/20/2013 - 1:27pm

My mistake. Thank you for the clarification, healthyearth. It was a 12 mile run in 38 minutes.

#62 Wed, 11/20/2013 - 3:24pm

imperial miles or metric miles ?

#63 Wed, 11/20/2013 - 6:51pm

Nautical miles.

#64 Wed, 11/20/2013 - 7:52pm

Video link?

#65 Wed, 11/20/2013 - 10:13pm

Enjoyed your video Kileki, looked like another Great day paddling. Miss paddlin with ya in SD.
Stay Stoked, Keep havin FUN.

#66 Fri, 11/22/2013 - 5:42am

Makapu to Kaimana in 14 minutes 59 seconds........I got witnesses and all that to collaborate they saw me look at my GPS when I was washing my canoe. Actually the time probably faster cause usually it takes a little under three seconds to walk my canoe up the beach and break it down and start washing it. I been fighting with myself all weekend on whether I should tell people and how I should tell people. It was either this or facebook. I didn't go with Facebook cause too many top paddlers look at my page to see what supplements and shit I'm taking and how many beers I'm drinking before and after training. I didn't want them to know my time cause they'd be all sour and salty like a bag of Halloween candy and saying "it's just the canoe you're on" or "it's only cause you train more".

#67 Mon, 11/25/2013 - 11:23am

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.284 seconds.