Surf Ski Solo & Wind Gods *__*

Wind Gods have been brutal this year. Now almost every race they show wind at first, blow all week and then die down just for race day. Then to be even more mean it picks right back up after the races. Don't come to Hawaii if u want to race a surfing race. All flat this year. Think I am going make a Facebook page "Hawaii Kai Run" and if the wind is up we all show up at blinker buoy at 4:45pm and race.

I was talking to one of our top paddlers in Hawaii the other day and he was saying how anyone can train in flat water, anywhere (ex. Arkansas) and be fast by out training the next guy but in Hawaii we pride our self in knowing how to read the water and surf using the ocean. And the true fastest paddler has to be good, not the best, in both. Combining him to be the best.

Surf Ski Solo 2013 is going be nuts to watch from China Walls. We did a Makapu to Hawaii Kai run today and coming in the Chanel was nuts. Closing out across the Chanel marker. Tomorrow the top ten guys probably will be charging any wave they get coming in. Not to metion the surf is making a huge back wash off the wall, making the last 2+ miles paddling against surf. I'll try and get some clips from my iPhone and post on Facebook tomorrow of the big surf at China walls.

Submitted by indar on Sat, 05/18/2013 - 5:32pm

Any updates about the conditions??? What is the start time? 9am??? Hope they get good conditions today. indar - where you at on fb so I can follow your posts there. Mahalo.

#1 Sun, 05/19/2013 - 9:16am

Lots of updates on the race facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/molosurfski

#2 Sun, 05/19/2013 - 11:35am

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.164 seconds.