Viper Va'a blades where to buy in the mainland?

Any feedback about the new bamboo Viper blades? Any dealers in the mainland? Mahalo.

Submitted by SFPaddler on Mon, 09/30/2013 - 4:58am

SFPaddler - I'll send a message to you with further details.

#1 Mon, 09/30/2013 - 7:02am

MauiTim has them. Send Him personal message.
No dealers on Mainland that I am aware of just HI.

#2 Mon, 09/30/2013 - 9:24am

The blades are good. The shafts not so durable. I had a 52 inch that I cut down for OC1 use. My blade was a hollow fiberglass shaft with bamboo veneer around it. I am not sure if they are all made like this, but I didn't like using in a six man for that reason. If you are racing on the mainland, you may want to check with your race association's paddle regulations as well. Aloha

#3 Mon, 09/30/2013 - 9:36am

I love mine,only one I use now,I scored one from a team that did the Molokai hoe last year.Solid.hope you can get one.

#4 Mon, 09/30/2013 - 9:23pm

High performance blades goes in clean. I have two blades one for 1 man and one for 6 man.

#5 Mon, 09/30/2013 - 10:52pm

I have two.....the first is two years old. Never a problem with the shafts..even turning an OC6 from the one or two seat. Extremely durable...as yet no edge chips and the shafts show no wear. Very light weight and great feel. As far as I know...legal for HCRA, OCHRA races. Team paddles for some of the Tahitian crews and they used them in the Hoe.
Mine are wide rove carbon fiber with bamboo shafts, carbon fiber t top. I have not tried the bamboo blade yet.
Piko Ocean Sports on Kauai usually have a good inventory on hand for immediate delivery...check out their website for more info. They actually respond to emails.

#6 Tue, 10/01/2013 - 8:28am

How do you guys like the "s" shaft compared to the straight shaft?

#7 Tue, 10/01/2013 - 1:56pm

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.185 seconds.