How do you get sand out of your boat?

Not sure how so much sand got in my boat but does anyone know a trick way of getting it out? Maybe like two big handfuls of sand. My boat is an Ehukia.

Submitted by TahoeLuke on Sun, 10/26/2014 - 10:02am

I can't even imagine how you would get sand in your boat, but I would think that flushing with water should get it out. Just add a few cups of water, move it around in the boat , then drain it. Repeat 10 or so times and it should come out.

#1 Mon, 10/27/2014 - 12:00pm

Canoes on the beach are very attractive to kids who love to pour sand down the open puka. Let it dry out, if wet, then carefully suck out the sand with a vacuum. You don't want the canoe to shrink and collapse like those storage bags that fold up and store away. So hopefully, there's a breather tube?

#2 Mon, 10/27/2014 - 11:28pm

I'm going to blame a little kid on this one as I'm stumped. I tried filling with water and that got most of it out BTW. thanks again.

#3 Tue, 10/28/2014 - 5:23pm

was the boat sitting upside down with the drainplug facing down? water lapping gently over the tail section where the opening is? you'd be amazed how much sand will work it's way into a canoe with that gentle back a forth action from the water while the tail looks like it's barely in the H20.

#4 Tue, 10/28/2014 - 7:25pm

Wow jc9_0, sounds like you have experience with getting sand in your hole.

#5 Wed, 10/29/2014 - 7:09am

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.304 seconds.