New to the Forum

Just wanted to introduce myself. Just bought my first OC-1, a 2013 Ozone Storm. I have been very active in downwind stand up paddling for a several years, and I am so stoked to get going on the the original downwind machine! Finding lots of info on here so far, so thanks again for all the insight.

Aloha,

Southbay

Submitted by Southbay on Thu, 09/18/2014 - 9:29am

Welcome to OCPaddler. Any opinion on the Storm? I never hear from owners

#1 Thu, 09/18/2014 - 11:11am

Thanks kalikikopa! I just paddled it yesterday for the first time. Took off from Kahului Harbor at about 4pm. The wind was really light, but there was some north swell. I paddled upwind 3 miles and then turned around and tried to ride bumps back to the harbor. I set the iako out in the far position, but I soon pulled them in. I was worried about stability, as the ama is literally 1lb, but it is not too bad. I was able to catch a few bumps on the way back and ended up doing about 6 miles in a little under an hour. Going pretty slow, but not really pushing it either. I have very limited experience in a OC-1, but it feels good to me. Steering response is good and the overall light weight of the boat makes it accelerate quickly. Looking forward to getting it out in some wind soon!

SB

#2 Fri, 09/19/2014 - 2:11pm

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.157 seconds.