OC Viper ama?

I have an old OC Viper I love but the ama is trashed. Anyone have one for sale or know if can swap a different OC ama?

Mahalo

Submitted by PizzaBoyOC on Sun, 08/17/2014 - 6:03pm

From what I understand, the OC Ama's and iakos have changed very slightly since they changed the ama on the Viper. Outrigger connection can fit their new ama to your canoe with a little modification to your iakos. Call Outrigger connecion.

Or better yet, if you find 2 amas let me know. I adapted one to work on a Viper I have, but wouldn't mind having the correct ama.

#1 Mon, 08/25/2014 - 1:36pm

Thanks. I spoke with Karel at OC (SUPER nice guy) and although he was happy to set me up with a new ama things are a little tight these days and really couldn't afford it.

To my VERY good fortune a fellow Windward paddler happened upon one under his house and was kind and generous enough to give it to me! I'm a recent transplant from NY and frankly I'm not used to this level of generosity. There are truly some extraordinary people living on this island and I'm blessed to call it my new home. Only problem is the ama's nicer than my boat! :)

Mahalo

#2 Sun, 09/07/2014 - 6:25pm

Awesome! Thank you for sharing. Also Mahalo to your friend for sharing his aloha. Always nice to hear about these generous acts. If you hear of any other Viper amas available let me know. My homemade ama works ok, but I wouldn't mind having a proper ama.

#3 Sun, 09/07/2014 - 8:04pm

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.180 seconds.