Pure's new V1

Any first hand feedback on Pure's new Nue V1?

Submitted by Adam Roversi on Mon, 09/01/2014 - 4:28pm

After paddling several different v1 models over the years, this boat while not having the same flat water speed , captures the oc1 feeling of being able to catch and ride swell, while still holding close to the traditional essence that paddling without a rudder gives. Paddled two of his sample boats and ordered one for myself, very impressed how unlike other v1s this boat wants to run down hill, with an adjustable seat shifting my weight forward I was able to shift forward to get into bumps early, while keeping the tail loose in order to make fine adjustments to my line. Shifting back the boat holds a straight line better, but still drifts more then a standard v1 would. Anyone who has paddled in a v1 crosswind knows that it will be a long day in any rudderles. For everything I can say about the boat, one of the highlights was the time a dedication that Odie spent addressing all my concerns at purchasing a new boat. It seems that he is buried with all the work coming his way, but never said no when I ask to drop by the shop, always answered my emails and calls, and never laughed at the stupid questions that I continually shot his way. True Aloha from someone who is passionate about his craft, was a real highlight of the whole process. Can't say enough about the effort he put in to not only get me in the type of boat I wanted, but to customize it to my paddling style, something I have never experience buying a boat before

#1 Mon, 09/01/2014 - 6:49pm

Thanks for the feedback.

#2 Thu, 09/04/2014 - 2:00pm

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.461 seconds.