Scorpius XM with extended footwells

Aloha

New to paddling and just recently purchased my first OC1. It's a Scorpius XM with extended footwells fairly new and in great shape. I gave it a test drive and it felt great, being new to the sport I doubt that I would notice any difference between the regular and extended XM. I'm 5'7" and am under the impression that I would need a regular XM. However, when purchasing my OC1 the seller seemed very knowledgeable. He told me that the extended version would work well for my height and if need be to just set the seat a little forward. I talked to a few people and did a little research but could not get a straight answer.

Is the extended footwells to long to be proficient for my height at 5'7"? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Submitted by B-Rod on Tue, 01/07/2014 - 10:08pm

@B-Rod, don't worry about it. You have yourself a great boat. An awesome boat. Just make sure you have at least one fist of air between the canoe and the back of your knee.

#1 Wed, 01/08/2014 - 9:54am

@swell, that's what I wanted to hear! Thank you do much for your advice.

#2 Wed, 01/08/2014 - 10:28am

Also, if you feel your legs are too short, I've known guys that put an inch or two of closed cell foam on the foot wells and peddles so they could sit back a little further. Just an option. But, I would feel very good about your purchase. Very good boat that will last you a long time. A lot of shorter guys get extended foot well boats because they want to be able to move their weight forward to drop into swells. You just need to lean back to ride the bump and stay out of the bottom of the trough.

#3 Wed, 01/08/2014 - 10:29am

5'10" and paddle an XM Ext'd. Absolutely love it ! Like SWELL said its a "great boat".

#4 Wed, 01/08/2014 - 11:17am

same here,ordered mine extended although I am only 5.9,weight forward for downwinders,works so good.Did you buy the one that was on Craigslist,yellow and black? I couldn't believe the guy was selling it for so cheap,you scored if that's the one you bought,only a year old.

#5 Wed, 01/08/2014 - 12:13pm

@kava, no I didn't get that one, someone definatly scored. I bought one from craigslist that was posted for about 30 minutes until I bought it, lol. I bought one that is eight months old, very nice. The seller buys one every year. I'm super stoked about it.

#6 Wed, 01/08/2014 - 12:36pm

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.355 seconds.