USA Outrigger?

Just curious, anybody know much about this USA Outrigger through US Canoe and Kayak? Did see Kai listed as the Hawaii coach. What gives? Was there any call out to the US Outrigger World for some input or perhaps some suggestions for committee members? Is this group suppose to be part of the team selection for the World Sprints? More curious, as perhaps I missed all of this previously. Just tired of groups trying to run other groups without any input.

Submitted by ToKo2 on Thu, 01/02/2014 - 2:35pm

From what I've come to know about it is this; the goal of USA Outrigger is to legitimize and unify the sport in the United States in the hopes of making outrigger racing a legitimate event contender for consideration in the Olympics. Currently, there is no organization that unifies all the different areas of the US where outrigger racing is prevalent and I believe that USA Outrigger is hoping to do exactly that with gathering regional coaches and bringing teams together for competition.

I do know that it is not the goal of USA Outrigger to run other organizations, rather, to bring organizations together for international competition.

#1 Fri, 01/03/2014 - 5:58am

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.174 seconds.