Where to purchase a Viper Va'a paddle in USA

Looking to buy a Viper Va'a FSN paddle from a source in the US. Current web search doesn't solve this need. Can anyone point the way to a shop/dealer that has these in stock?

Submitted by akamu on Sat, 04/05/2014 - 2:16pm

my friend bought a couple about 3 months ago,,just search the internet,the guy is on Kaua'i.

#1 Sat, 04/05/2014 - 8:39pm

Too funny. Just went through the same thing. I emailed Viper and there is no US Distributor. Somehow I found Odie at Pure Paddles, who evidently gets FSN's co-branded with Pure. I emailed him. He didn't have my size, so he forwarded me to Sue at P3Kona in Kaua'i. It's been a bit of a challenge. She seems very nice, but isn't great on details (misquoted me the price in writing and then charged me what she should have quoted me-hit my card two days after she shipped it so I didn't get notice that she overcharged the amount she quoted until it was too late to cancel the order). I'm still working on trying to resolve it with her. My paddle is sitting in the garage still boxed in case I end up shipping it back. I think if you get all the details from her correctly the first time, you'll have an easier transaction. Good luck!

#2 Sun, 04/06/2014 - 1:57am

Google "Piko Ocean Sports"

#3 Sun, 04/06/2014 - 5:53am

Sue at P3 is the best. Everybody makes mistakes and I'm sure shell resolve it. But thanks for the yelp.com style review. Personlly, I have been dealing with Sue since day 1 of paddling for me and she's always been great. Anyone should call her if they're looking for a paddle and shell help you out.

#4 Sun, 04/06/2014 - 7:05am

Update on PIKO ocean sports on kauai: I just ran into him and he said he was stepping back from that venture for now. I have been forwarding all Viper questions to the big island. I tell them to go to Odies site and maybe order from him…best of luck to everyone searching for those paddles.

#5 Sun, 04/06/2014 - 7:20am

Aloha Guys!
This is Odie from Pure Paddles / Pure Canoes.
I am working with Viper Va'a in Tahiti as well as all the shops that we supply our Pure Paddles to in order to get Vipers readily available in Hawaii and the Mainland US.
At the moment both Pure and Viper are back-ordered on paddles. This season has been twice as busy and we are both working as fast as possible to supply demand.
Basically THANK YOU the paddlers for liking our products and supporting small local businesses.

You can call or email me any time and I will make sure you get exactly what your looking for as fast as possible!
Aloha!
-odie

(808)987-3078
odie@purepaddles.com

#6 Sun, 04/06/2014 - 5:49pm

Www.Paddlekompany.com has some in stock and would ship to me in California for $35

#7 Sun, 04/06/2014 - 9:40pm

They have Viper NTR in stock

#8 Sun, 04/06/2014 - 9:42pm

so i guess odie you da guy my friend was referring to.my friend has been close to viper founder since day one, and when i asked her to be the viper rep in hawaii,since there was a lot of interest from my paddling friends,she said someone on big island was going to to that.One could also go to the finish of moloka'i hoe and buy paddles off of edt and shell.

#9 Tue, 04/08/2014 - 11:48am

Got Viper Va'a Paddles headed to the following locations within the month.

Oahu: Island Paddler (808)262-4866
Maui: Water Works Sports: (808)298-2446
Big Island: Polynesian Paddling Products (808)329-3100
California: Outrigger Paddle Shop www.outriggerpaddleshop.com

If you have any questions you can always contact me as well.

Aloha!
-odie
(808)987-3078
odie@purepaddles.com

#10 Tue, 04/08/2014 - 1:54pm

thanks Odie for keeping the supply chain alive. Sorry that Piko no longer carrying on Kauai. Have two of the vipers...now three years old...don't show any chipping or wear...so hard to justify buying a new one...if I need one...glad you are available. Is pricing staying the same ?

#11 Wed, 04/09/2014 - 8:23am

Hi all,

The Viper Paddles are going fast. We are taking pre-orders now if you want to guarantee a paddle. Go to http://outriggerpaddleshop.com/collections/hybrid-outrigger-paddles and select what paddle you would like. Add it to your cart and check out.

Unfortunately shipping to Hawaii is around $30, but if you're in California it's only $15. We are working on trying to get some cheaper shipping prices. Hive you have any question hit us up directly. Contact info is on the site.

Mahalo,
Phil

#12 Tue, 04/15/2014 - 7:48am

I wanted to update my posting that Sue at P3Kona made it right by me. I came up with what I thought was a fair compromise and she took care of it. That says a lot about her and her business practices. I might want to buy another one of these paddles and I wouldn't hesitate to order from her again.

And that said.... I LOVE the Pure/Viper FSN double bend. I bought the 9" blade since I'm a 130 lb'er. and don't need a huge blade. The FSN has an ovalized bamboo shaft and a carbon blade. The shaft is large, but I have big paws for a girl so it's perfect for me. If you like round or smaller shafts you probably won't like this one. It is super light and is a joy to paddle. I'm using it solely OC1 right now. If Odie or Sue got them in, I'd be tempted to try the all carbon double bend, too. The only thing I wish it had is a carbon grip instead of the wood grip. Viper Va'a shows them with a carbon grip on their website. I don't know if that is a design change or if the wood grip is something Pure wanted on their paddles. I've used Xylo, Quickblade, Gillespie, ZRE and probably a few I can't remember and this is by far my favorite.

PS-Odie, I had the chance to paddle your unlimited six man last week in Panama while I was there for the O2O race. That boat is SWEET!

#13 Tue, 04/22/2014 - 8:07am

I bought my viper vaa paddle from Dustin @ Piko-Ocean Sports/Paddle Kompany last year. But I'm not sure if they are still in business like some have already posted. I recently tried to contact them, and got no response.

I think Odie @ Pure Paddles/Canoes is the direct source for pure/viper vaa paddles at the moment. Highly recommend these blades, great handcrafted quality. Pure Paddles/Canoes offers great customer service hands down!

#14 Sun, 04/27/2014 - 9:24pm

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.142 seconds.