kai wa'a ama

-I would appreciate an informed opinion from someone who has actually put the newer ama on a scorpius( extended xs or xm) and compared it to the original one.Is it worth in your opinion spending $600 for ama and $200 for iako if you are not into racing,just doing Maliko runs?Is it that much better?.If you or someone you know have done this,I would like your 2 cents.Mahalo

Submitted by kava on Tue, 08/18/2015 - 6:26am

How'sit kava, I did buy the new ama and iakos for my XM with extended footwells and found it well worth the investment. I am not racing.

#1 Tue, 08/18/2015 - 7:49am

mahalo KGB.I'm like,new ama or new surfboard for winter.Fun decisions.

#2 Tue, 08/18/2015 - 3:12pm

agreed, it does run better if you lean left more ....just less surface area on the water, it helps

#3 Fri, 08/28/2015 - 3:37am

J

Does anyone know if the new ama can be retro-fitted to a Pegasus? On the Kai Wa'a website it can't be ordered for the Peggie unfortunately.

Thanks

#4 Mon, 10/05/2015 - 9:51am

I believe it's possible, just email Kai from the website and he can tell you for sure. It's only bending new iako's so shouldn't be impossible

#5 Mon, 10/05/2015 - 2:54pm

I got the new ama for my XM, it's awesome! It's runs quieter, doesn't slap on the water like the other
ama, does well in So Cal waters.I also notice an increase in speed, not much. Anyone else find an increase in speed? Let us know what you all think?

Happy New Year!!

#6 Mon, 12/28/2015 - 7:22am

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.188 seconds.