Moloka'i Hoe Live Feed

Does anyone know if the GPS tracker feed for Moloka'i will be available to watch? Or will it just be integrated into the live feed?

FYI, for those interested, you can check out the live feed here.

Submitted by luke on Thu, 10/08/2015 - 12:26pm

The live tracker is cool. I think if a coach keeps track they could help their team by directing them into faster water and tracking leaders.

#1 Sun, 10/11/2015 - 9:56am

Amazing that 2 hours in Air Tahiti and Karel-Aust. going North.

Lanikai heading south.

Primo and Kona shooting the middle chasing Shell.

Lanikai used South line last year to local victory and of course great paddling.

#2 Sun, 10/11/2015 - 9:59am

After looking at the tracking for most of the race, the North line appeared better.

#3 Sun, 10/11/2015 - 5:30pm

I think the tracking tool can be used advantageously during the race by the crews to see what line is running best. Walter, Lauren and Guy brought that up a few times during their live broadcast.

It became apparent that Lanikai was losing ground down south, but by then was it too late to change course? I know at one point in the race Primo made a hard turn to the north. The announcers thought it was pre-planned as it was right off Penguin Banks, but I wonder if it was a result of seeing their competition to the north making up ground?

edit: Lanikai lost their tracker outside Hawaii Kai, and it showed them as stationary thereafter. I also never saw OPT's position at all from when I started watching at about the 3 hour mark.

#4 Mon, 10/12/2015 - 4:30am

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.162 seconds.