O'ahu and Kaua'i Paddling Clinics

Manutea Owen and Tupuria King will each be hosting a few clinics around Hawai'i. Both of them are traveling here to compete in the Pa'a Moloka'i Solo World Championships. Manutea has won the Super Aito and Hawaiki Nui and is recognized as one of the greatest steersmen of all time. Twenty-one year old Tupu is currently the fastest paddler in New Zealand and his 30th place finish in the Te Aito last year is the highest of any international paddler at the Te Aito in modern history. Tupu's success on a V-1 shows us that you don't need to be from Tahiti to excel on a rudderless.

Each clinic will be at least 90 minutes long and extensively cover stroke and training. There's a recommended donation of $10-$15 per person while kids 18 and under are free. All proceeds go towards helping pay for their airfare to Hawai'i.

Wednesday, June 10th, 5:30pm @ Kailua Canoe Club: Tupuria King

Thursday, June 11th, 5:30pm @ Pu'uwai Canoe Club (Kaua'i): Manutea Owen

Monday, June 15th, 5:00pm @ Elks Club Honolulu: Manutea Owen

Submitted by luke on Thu, 06/04/2015 - 10:04am

Tupuria King has some awesome v1 videos on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/user/kaitaiacollege/videos

#1 Thu, 06/04/2015 - 12:25pm

Tupuria King's clinic is being moved to Hui Nalu Canoe Club tomorrow between 5:15 and 6:45 instead of Kailua Canoe Club. We'll be on the grass on the mauka side of the Hui Nalu hale. The location is being changed so that paddlers can make it to the PA'A pre-race meeting at the shack afterwards. Sorry for the last minute change. Please pass the word on.

#2 Tue, 06/09/2015 - 3:30pm

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.415 seconds.