Passing through Papeete, would like to use my time wisely

I'm going to be in Papeete for two consecutive days the last week of April 2015 and for two consecutive days in the middle of May 2015. I'd really appreciate the opportunity to paddle with a local club either in a V-6 or a V-1 during one or more of those days. I've ten years experience in the outrigger canoeing, am a competitent steersman, and have paddled the Molokai Hoe in 2010.

Glad to buy someone supper (but not five other paddlers).

Je parle un petit peu.

Submitted by YankeeHookele on Sat, 04/18/2015 - 11:44am

Aloha YankeeHookele,

Tahitians who work in Papeete also paddle at lunch time. Just walk to the Jardins de P?'?fa'i right before midday, and you'll find a V6 canoe to jump in. It's easy to find, and you can miss it because there are dozens (if not hundreds) of canoes on that small piece of rocky beach. Good paddlers around, and in some sessions that I had there a couple of Paddling Connection boys showed up.

As anywhere else, show respect and you'll have a good time. Have fun!!!
NaNa

#1 Sat, 04/18/2015 - 8:39pm

Nana,

Waterfront hitch-hiking sounds like a great adventure.

Je veux pagayer, s'il vous plait?

#2 Sun, 04/19/2015 - 2:32am

Feirulegui

I took your advice and had some good paddles, two in V-6s and one in a V-1.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t33/Heliograph-prime/Cruising/Expeditions/IMG_0111_zpss2u3cclz.jpg

One from la Plage Hukule'a, one from the Pape'ete airport, and one from the community center by the Intercontinental.

You can tell the pasty-faced northern hemisphere paddler just starting his season from the baked southern hemisphere dudes ending their season.

I'm trying to get this photo to those in the picture. Either I lost the email address or I never received it. Help!

#3 Thu, 05/21/2015 - 1:41pm

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.173 seconds.