shipping oc1 from Oahu to TX

Looking for advice on shipping zephyr from Honolulu to Houston..

Who to use & costs & worth it on a used oc1?

Submitted by Wahine.May on Wed, 02/18/2015 - 5:27pm

I know the moving companies on the island will do it. Had a friend send his to South Carolina. All he had to do was bring it down to the yard and the company built a crate for it.

#1 Fri, 02/20/2015 - 6:31am

Have you though about selling your OC1 there and buying a new or used boat when you get to the mainland?

#2 Sun, 02/22/2015 - 6:12pm

I have a used Naia sitting in a garage in Austin and I am in Oahu, now. Consider a trade? Flying back early March to transport somewhere else until I move back to Austin.

#3 Tue, 02/24/2015 - 7:15am

Frieght forwarders can ship it, but it may cost close to the value of the canoe. Talk to builders, like Kamanu, to see who they ship with, or they may even have room in a container they might be willing to sell you.

#4 Tue, 02/24/2015 - 11:35am

It might make more sense to ship it to CA first. There is a company who's name escapes me right now but we have used them to ship our OC6 from San Fran area. I have had all of my OC1's and OC2 shipped from CA with that same service. Any of the mainland canoe reps can tell you the name of the company. Whatever you do, do not use standard freight companies, they have a history of completely wrecking canoes and surf skis. I live and paddle in Houston so feel free to reach out.

#5 Sat, 03/07/2015 - 11:57am

Try Matson shipping Our friends just shipped a Prius from Calif to HNL and it was only $2000.

#6 Tue, 03/17/2015 - 4:28pm

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.188 seconds.