Kahele Reviews

I'm interested in the feedback that those of you have for the Kahele OC1. Aside from it being deemed the "latest and greatest," how does it surf compared to what you had in the past? It seems like a lot of the female paddlers have made the switch to this canoe...
Overall I'm just curious about it.

Submitted by TI on Fri, 08/03/2018 - 11:11am

I tried one. Interesting experience and very comfortable. Easy to catch bumps and even go over them. Also very easy to maneuver in the surf as it has a shorter length and you sit right in the sweet spot. I'm 5'10" 190lbs btw. Demo one. All the companies make good canoes these days, it comes down to personal preference. Though, I kinda liked it better than the competition and I've tried everything.

#1 Thu, 10/04/2018 - 12:52am

It has a little different feel about it than some of the other canoes. I demo'ed it in largely flat water, although I did surf some boat wakes. It feels stable and responds quickly. The cockpit is designed to be more ergonomic, although it may depend on the individual. I should be able to tell you more in a month - I have one coming the end of October. :)

#2 Fri, 10/05/2018 - 11:50am

I now own one, and I'm very impressed. Very comfortable, very good ergonomics, excellent rudder response (and that with the short weedless rudder). Canoe seems to be very well made, has a unique system for attaching the rear iako to the ama, and stores easily with its shorter length. My GPS unit is dead, so i can't tell for certain, but it seemed to paddle faster/more efficiently than my prior Scorpius XS, and the ama rides very nicely without bouncing or feeling draggy. I like it!

#3 Tue, 11/13/2018 - 10:54am

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.184 seconds.