OC 1 on a lake in Wyoming?

Hi fellow paddlers, I moved to Wyoming from Hawaii 3 years ago....and I REALLY miss my OC-1.
I know lake paddling is definitely possible....but can anyone tell me the best way to go about actually getting one here.

The logistics are really the only thing stopping me - if anyone can share their story of getting it shipped to them - how they packed it, who they used, that would be great!

Submitted by Wahine71 on Thu, 01/10/2019 - 6:46pm

We ship one-mans to Seattle all the time. There are shipping companies that specifically truck boats like kayaks, surfskis and rowing shells from coastal ports to wherever you want. Try look up KAS.... Also, can just drive em from wherever they ship to as well. I’ve driven canoes to Idaho before.

#1 Sat, 01/12/2019 - 3:58am

Hi,

I'd take a look at https://ois.outriggerzone.com/ which is the inventory part of their site and see which canoes are available. Am sure there are other suppliers but I've used them for myself and our club in CT.

The bigger challenge is actually then getting them delivered - you just need to be patient but I've actually bought OC2's from Waterwalker (somewhere in WA) and had them delivered to CT - the charge was reasonable although it obviously wasn't a next day delivery :)

Ted

#2 Fri, 02/08/2019 - 6:35am

Thanks for your responses. Super appreciated.
goto….you said you've driven them to Idaho before....you mean on a roofrack? I'm afraid to take this option, because of potential damage at high speeds if it's hit by something (like a flying rock).

I will do some research with the options you gave.
Mahalo nui loa

#3 Sun, 02/17/2019 - 10:28am

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.186 seconds.