Speed Polish?

Any one try using a speed polish on their Outrigger Canoe? Did it seem to do anything? Was it worth it?

The products I am reffering to seem to be available at Yatching stores, the claim to reduce the water resistance on your hull.

Submitted by watersledder on Mon, 08/16/2010 - 1:41pm

And here's the first link I came across searching for "yacht hull speed polish": http://www.mclubemarine.com/hullkote/index.php

Seems like its biggest benefit is as an anti-fouling coating for boats left in the water and providing a more durable finish. It won't make the hull faster, but it seems it will help keep it cleaner and smoother so it won't get slower. I don't think most canoes are left in the water so not sure the anti-fouling would be needed.

Something with some UV protection in it will help keep your canoe's finish in better shape, but something designed for boats stored in the water is probably overkill for your needs.

#2 Mon, 08/16/2010 - 2:04pm

Thanks for the info. Seems like it might be worth a try, if only for the UV protection and ant-fouling properties.

#3 Mon, 08/16/2010 - 2:50pm

You should private message jc9. He specializes in polishing long cylindrical objects.

#4 Mon, 08/16/2010 - 4:43pm

Ouch!

#5 Mon, 08/16/2010 - 4:58pm

KGB, it wouldn't ouch you so much if you used some lubricant on it.

#6 Mon, 08/16/2010 - 8:34pm

I'm one fast Polack but I had no idea there was a product named after me.

#7 Tue, 08/17/2010 - 6:35am

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.160 seconds.