Molo predictions....

Alright one week till race day. Let's see what's brewing on everyone's mind. I hear she'll has a second team, should be interesting to see if a Hawaii team can beat shell 2. First Hawaii team, primo Or lanikai?
Let's go!!!

Submitted by KKK808 on Thu, 09/27/2012 - 12:03pm

What were the benefits of 1,3,5 on the left for a longer period of times? Just curious. I would imagine staying on one side that long can be draining.

#71 Tue, 10/09/2012 - 11:22am

i threw some stuff in this thread awhile back about Tahitian crew size, paddles. Youth should be added. Technique has to be included as a reason for the excellent Tahitian performance. Has anyone noticed how they feather their paddles in unison?. They hit up front, go deep with their large area blades, and then twist the t-tops in symphony. The blades instantly exit the water and with little aerodynamic friction turn back to get another pull. All at 80 rpm. I do not think without that feathering part of the stroke they could get such high RPM's so efficiently.

#72 Mon, 11/19/2012 - 6:13pm

in case you were wondering what the acronyms mean
EDT= Electricite De Tahiti
OPT=Office des Postes et Telecommunications

#73 Mon, 11/19/2012 - 8:41pm

poidog ! shhhh... don't tell anything more or we're gonna have to terminate you...

#74 Mon, 11/19/2012 - 9:23pm

re: Unklekahi
Benefit of keeping 1,3,5 left on this paticular day was navigational. The kona winds were running perpendicular with course, pulling the canoe to the port basically the whole way. Keeping more blades on one side longer likely helped 6 paddle more, running their boat a little cleaner thru unfavorable conditions.

#75 Tue, 11/20/2012 - 7:05am

I was reading this thread and there was a couple dudes with some top ten predictions. Some were no brainers like lanikai, primo, livestrong and the usual heavy hitters. But after these last two long distance seasons u kinda gotta consider Manu O Ke Kai a definite top ten threat. They beat a lot of those crews in that list in the Henry and the channel. They also had a really good showing in kona. It hurts for some dudes to say that a underdog crew from hui wa'a gave a lot of tough crews from around the state some serious stress. But they definitely shouldn't be overlooked next year. Just thought I would stir the pot a little! Happy holidays everybody!

#76 Wed, 11/21/2012 - 5:21pm

On a side note regarding Hui Wa'a, aside from Waikiki Beachboys, Pswitz and Healthy, Manu O Ke Kai is probably the most represented Hui Wa'a club that does the one man racing season. That stuff carries over many benefits for 6man distance.

#77 Wed, 11/21/2012 - 7:55pm

Manu O Ke Kai also has of the best coaches in the business. They'll be fast for years to come.

#78 Thu, 11/22/2012 - 1:01pm

know whats also cool bout that coach. He doesnt press the team to paddle like tahitians like some othere clubs i know...... They paddle comfortably and blend unreal. Oh and they drink like rockstars too!!!

#79 Thu, 11/22/2012 - 5:26pm

I heard the coach is psyco! He's screams "NOW" the whole frikin race... In flat water...

#80 Thu, 11/22/2012 - 6:15pm

Atleast he doesnt yell it in French.....

#81 Fri, 11/23/2012 - 2:43pm

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.181 seconds.