Olamau 2012

With the race less than one week away i'm surprised this thread isn't going....

If you've been living under a rock and aren't sure what Olamau is check this site: http://olamaurace.com for the full details. But in a nut shell its a race unlike any other to date: 3 Days, 3 Islands, 90 Miles aaaaand 50K prize money up for grabs! Oh, and its an Unlimited Canoe "Iron" race… There are no length, weight or design restrictions on the canoes except that no sails, solar or any other artificial means of propulsion are allowed. Each crew consist of 9 paddlers but only 6 paddlers participate in each leg of the race.

AND you can watch it LIVE on the internet thanks to Ocean Paddler TV: http://olamaurace.com/images/live.html

Here are the crews:
1. Team Pacific Northwest (HCRA Spec Mirage)
2. Team 404 Simple Mobile #1 (Cali)(Pure Unlimited Canoe)
3. Team 404 Simple Mobile #2 (Cali)(Pure Unlimited Canoe)
4. Team Hui Lanakila (Kapa'a: Kamanu Composite Unlimited Canoe)
5. Lanikai Canoe Club (Kawainui: Kamanu Composite Unlimited Canoe)
6. Team Livestrong #1 (Unlimited Canoe- Name/Builder?)
7. Team Livestrong #2 (Unlimited Canoe- Name/Builder?)
8. Team Raimanasworld Tahiti (I hear they are no longer coming)
9.Team Primo/Waimea Canoe Club (Kaapahu: Kamanu Composite Unlimited Canoe)
10. Team Wahine (Pogue (Canada Made) Lightweight Bradley?)
11. Hawaiian Canoe Club (Kaumuali
i: Ozone-(Mike Giblin) Unlimited Canoe)
12. Team Mahina Hoe Tahiti (Ho`omau: Fluid Unlimited Canoe)
***If anyone has info on the "?"s above please fill in.

If you're a tweeter you can follow @HawaiianCC starting wednesday night to see first look at these canoes during the blessing ceremony and continue to get tweets throughout the race all the way to beach finish.

Continue to monitor conditions at www.WindGuru.com looks like its gonna be a smoking race!

Submitted by mauitim on Fri, 03/02/2012 - 11:25am

#71 Wed, 03/28/2012 - 7:09pm

Mean. That was a great video and awesome story.

#72 Wed, 03/28/2012 - 10:57pm

These PNW guys are my hero's. Soo much dedication, heart and passion. Plus really good video editing skills;)

#73 Thu, 03/29/2012 - 5:30pm

WHOA. Nice job Ocean Paddler TV on the Olamau Special. If you didn't see it, it aired tonight (4.3.12) at 7pm on Ocean Paddler TV on Oc16.... no tv like me? Watch it on www.OC16.tv :) Can check the schedule to see when it plays again and even watch all the past episodes on there.

or maybe Ocean Paddler Tv can post the upcoming schedule for the next week on here....?

#74 Tue, 04/03/2012 - 8:04pm

There's one shot in here that shows some crazy perspective.

#75 Sat, 04/07/2012 - 10:49am

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.318 seconds.