Who is gonna win the solo???

Anyone think Pat Dolan can be beat in any conditions?? I know every dog can have his day but the odds have to be heavily in his favor.

Submitted by jpi92109 on Mon, 03/26/2012 - 4:58pm

Well my new prediction is Foti and Pogue on a two man.

#71 Wed, 04/11/2012 - 1:43pm

I heard that the "Most Interesting Man in the World" takes paddling lessons from Pat Dolan, and also has a signed poster of Pat in his room.

If BJ drinks 0-5 beers, he's in the top 10, if he drinks 5-10 beers he'll be in the top 15; 10-20 beers he'll be back in the bushes; but more than 20 beers he's smokin big toddy and pat. YEEAA YOUU!!

O yea, I have a rudderless for anyone to borrow if things get real bad this weekend ;)

#72 Wed, 04/11/2012 - 3:12pm

Look at the bend in that shaft... hehe.!!!!

Photobucket

Even drinks Steinies in BIG bottles

Photobucket

#73 Wed, 04/11/2012 - 4:05pm

Enough nationalism, it's clear that the Misters Denton are the only ones capable of winning the REAL prize
the
Father and Son division, go Makana and Kenny

#74 Wed, 04/11/2012 - 7:02pm

I think the thread is no longer lopsided, is back in balance.

You worried about being detained Kevy if you show too much Nationalism while currently overseas.. haha

#75 Wed, 04/11/2012 - 8:43pm

Off to a good start, Big Toddy missed his plane today and now leaves tomorrow. Silly bugger.

#76 Wed, 04/11/2012 - 8:46pm

Nice Alice in Wonderland Steinlager pic, Rambo! The dude and the beers are so big, it makes your mustache almost look normal size.

#77 Wed, 04/11/2012 - 9:10pm

Shenanigans!! Aussies drinking a Kiwi beer?!

#78 Wed, 04/11/2012 - 9:44pm

Jc9_0

Pains me to say this but ... Don't we all like these things ?

aloha,
pog

Edit to add .. Wassat Rambo ? 1st excuse ? : )

#79 Wed, 04/11/2012 - 10:39pm

@pswitzer, yep, and remember he's standing further from the camera which makes him look even smaller.

@jc9_0, have ta support the awesome sponsors.

#80 Wed, 04/11/2012 - 10:41pm

Rambo, don't forget what us yanks did to ole pharlap in '32.

OCP Mafia standing by to level the playing field.

#81 Wed, 04/11/2012 - 10:49pm

Yep toa, Toddy's on bottled water only orders and no new tats till after the Solo.

#82 Wed, 04/11/2012 - 10:53pm

Holy Crap Toa !

Awesome D E E P pull. EIGHTY YEARS !!!!! ,,,,

aloha,
pog

grudges,3rd person singular present, plural of grudge Noun: A persistent feeling of ill will or resentment resulting from a past insult or injury.

Verb: Be resentfully unwilling to give, grant, or allow (something).

#83 Wed, 04/11/2012 - 11:19pm

SUNDAY

East winds 15 kt. Wind waves 6 ft. Northwest swell 7 to 8 ft. Slight chance of showers.

#84 Thu, 04/12/2012 - 11:52am

Toddy looks pretty tough but I've seen Indar coming up the ladder in finishes lately so he could be the surprise winner. Probably knows the surf better than Toddy. Have fun everyone. MAy the best surfer win!

#85 Thu, 04/12/2012 - 6:27pm

I'll donate a $billion $us dollars To indars favorite charity in his home country of india if he wins.

#86 Thu, 04/12/2012 - 8:40pm

Here are my thoughts-

1) Pat Dolan
2) Kai B
3) Danny C.
4) Jimmy A
5) Manny
6) ?

#87 Fri, 04/13/2012 - 6:29am

I heard someone from Hawaii is in Easten Europe recruiting some big Olympic paddlers for next years MoloSolo. And I always thought it was the canoe, not the paddler. Shucks, back to the drawing, whoops, recruiting board. Toddy looks tough- good Aussie genes. RAmbo- will you be at Molokai to film this epic event?

#88 Fri, 04/13/2012 - 8:29am

whoever wins will have to navigate some heavy shorebreak... high surf advisory in effect for north and west shores. a large swell is filling in today and peaking early Sunday. forecasted wave heights of 12-18 foot faces.

#89 Sat, 04/14/2012 - 8:14am

If it's pumping, I think Karel has a legitimate chance. In the end, I think anyone in the top 8 has a good chance.

I really wish they would track the individual paddlers during the race like they do The America's Cup. I think that would increase the fan base. We could see real-time speeds and routes. I know some paddlers may be reluctant to reveal such information, but I think it would be cool.

We're going to be implementing something similar here in SoCal, so we'll see how it works out for us.

Kaneohe

#90 Sat, 04/14/2012 - 1:16pm

I think a northwest swell could be the wrong direction.. But hey, maybe it'll help.

#91 Sat, 04/14/2012 - 9:38pm

Good Luck Toddy! Not long to go now..... Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi.

#92 Sun, 04/15/2012 - 12:59am

Well Clarkie and Rambo, you should begin idolizing Lucas Gamble and Danny. Great finishes. Todd did well too but that Lucas Gamble was the man from AUS today. Like they say, anything can happen in the channel. Jimmy deserves credit for his win- he has been trying very hard and probably training more intensively than anyone- and today it paid off. It was certainly his turn. HAts off to KArel and Pat - for that matter all the guys in the Top 10 and 20 who are all truly amazing. Everyone who did the race should get credit too as they all trained hard and paddling that distance is major. FOr those who did it first time- they learned a lot and will be even tougher next year as they now know what to expect. The ladies- Lauren, Rachel , Lori etc- terrific! Congrats to everyone!

#93 Sun, 04/15/2012 - 4:22pm

There are still a few spots left in my compression pants consortium for select investors. The next time there's rice on sale at Longs the whole world will know and you guys will be stuck in the weeds.

#94 Sun, 04/15/2012 - 7:15pm

i'm coming in with a late prediction.

Jimmmeeeeeyyy! (read like Timmy from South Park)

also it just dawned on me. in the years since team simple green and the start of outrigger connection, has there ever been a time that two different people won the solo on the same canoe?

#95 Sun, 04/15/2012 - 10:07pm

Maybe Karel should get a Pueo too.

#96 Mon, 04/16/2012 - 5:01pm

Maybe those behind karel should get a torrent :)

#97 Mon, 04/16/2012 - 5:49pm

Honestly all kidding aside nothing but respect to all the paddlers that raced regardless of the canoes they used. The first thing that comes to mind isn't the canoe but all of hard work that went toward the preparation for the race.

#98 Mon, 04/16/2012 - 8:03pm

Especially designing the new boat / plug and building new molds : 0
aloha,
pog

#99 Tue, 04/17/2012 - 12:04am

That Torrent must be awesome. is there anymore info on it, or photos. was a great race for karel

#100 Tue, 04/17/2012 - 7:59am

Karel on the torrent.

#101 Tue, 04/17/2012 - 11:10am

What did we learn this past Molo.

30 someodd paddlers were selfish and chose to beat Indar, thus depriving India's charity a billion dollars. Thank to the rest of you guys who let Indar beat you. It just takes a few bad spices to ruin the curry............ the free curry that could have been on first class flights to India.

I was wrong about Pat winning...................but RAMBO and his followers were way wronger. Whomever picked Kai to be in top 5 or to win was the wrongest.

I was within the 4+/- margin of error for my other picks. Except for Joe G, I think he just had the wrong boat for this race.

Manny is just something else- can't believe how well he did. I mean I can believe, I'm just really really impressed. I love that guy, I wish he had a facebook page so we could be friends. Maybe I'll start one up for him, I'll manage his account, I'll make myself his only friend he accepted. How cool would that be!!

Big Toddy is really nice, but not as nice as Jimmy is after winning the Molo. It was nice to see Jimmy so happy after the race. Jimmy points to the sky when he crosses the finish line. I never knew that. I'm going to try to do something similar to that, maybe I'll start pointing my hand at my boat like in a gun motion and pretend to shoot. it. It's what I really think, I just need to express it. I'll turn my hand to the side so people will know I"m from the mainland and that's why I didn't do so well. Everyone know turning a gun sideways is how Mainland people shoot guns. Locals do it straight up and down.

I realized how much I like seeing Karel in the mix of things again. Can't wait till he starts winning again so he'll start drinking getting smashed with alcohol after the races again. I like hearing him talk about paddling, actually I like hearing all the top guys talk about it. I bet durring the race he thought about drinking with everyone after the race. Maybe he was there I didn't see him, I was too busy comparing myself to Big Toddy. I know Big Toddy had to be thinking durring the race "Rambo jinxed me", "why'd he put that stuff online", "really was that the best picture he could find of me to post", "I think I look taller in that photo cause Rambo is so short", "do people know if Rambo is short or not", "What if I was short, what would people call me then?", "People should call me Rambo, Toddy seems to nice, I don't think it fits me, It sounds too much like teddy, Who the hell that that would be cool".

Wow! Lauren Bartlett 24th place. F'n awesome. Guess I would have been in top 20 then (at least). That makes me feel more comfortable now when I say HI to the top guys. I feel like now I don't have to worry about them not saying HI back in front of my Nov B friends (now they'll know I'm not just a big fish in small pond). Lauren still hasn't excepted my facebook request, but now I know it's only cause she was training a lot a really, really, a lot. I'll give it a few weeks then I'll remind her again. She probably just got busy with training, now probably just resting.

#102 Thu, 04/19/2012 - 1:39pm

Francisco Arango
A.K.A. (healthyearth)

Email: farango@gmail.com
Phone: (808) 216-8876
Facebook: http://facebook.com/waikikibeachboy

Feel free to contact Franko or if you are up at 3 am give him a call or even better a prank call, preferable at 3am.
If we all join in we will be doing the earth a good deed, making it a "healthy earth."

#103 Thu, 04/19/2012 - 3:53pm

I blew off the race finish to watch the dalai lama. Imagine my surprise when the DL said he was rooting for Indar because India has been so hospitable sheltering him from china all these years!

#104 Sat, 04/21/2012 - 3:46pm

Nice one Franco
Love your work son

congrats to all the winners
Hope your were wearing your compression pants Jimmy
nice one Lauren -top 20 next year

#105 Sat, 04/21/2012 - 10:50pm

jnr is the man

#106 Wed, 04/25/2012 - 7:40am

Un-chined.

#107 Wed, 04/25/2012 - 8:32am

jc you're right about that right turn @2:15. lot of huli's to follow trying to add that move...

#108 Wed, 04/25/2012 - 11:17am

Def the best video I've seen of a paddling race. You could really see the tecture of the bumps unlike in other videos I've seen. It would be interesting to one day have the speed of the conoe that they are filming show up on the screen. Great footage of people winding off and surfing by connecting waves. Really good stuff.

That was a cool move by Karel and looks like it really paid off for him cause he continued to surf long after he turned on to that wave. That sh** was off the CHINE !! The surf gods CHINED down on him for that move.

#109 Wed, 04/25/2012 - 3:37pm

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.311 seconds.