Any mainland North America OC6 builders out there?

Hi all,

I see from Pogue Sports' website that Ryan is no longer manufacturing canoes. Does anyone know of any commercial builders of OC6s (spec or unlimited) left on the mainland? Anywhere on the west coast, perhaps?

Thanks,
Nate Day
Washington Canoe Club
Potomac River
Washington, DC

Submitted by Nathan Day on Sun, 10/20/2013 - 4:12pm

Hawai‘i builders will ship to you and in some cases they'll even travel to your location to build. Try contacting Pure Canoes or Kamanu. I'm sure there are others I'm leaving out. But those are the two that sponsor HVA races so I mention them.

#1 Sun, 10/20/2013 - 6:13pm

Hey Nate, several years back I worked w/ Outrigger Connection on getting a new Mirage for the PHilly club. I think NYO followed suit a year or two later. The canoe was manufactured up in Vancouver someplace (I can't remember who manufactured..but it wasn't Pogue Sports). I dealt w/ OC directly (Karel) for the new canoe order and then worked w/ the manufacturer to arrange shipping.

#2 Mon, 10/21/2013 - 1:53am

The Vancouver area manufacturer is no longer building Mirages. Calmar Fibreglass, which is the shop Ryan used, may still be able to build Bradley Lightnings. Their phone number is 604 215 1411.

#3 Mon, 10/21/2013 - 6:34am

Nathan, we have just received hull #1 of the Outrigger Zone unlimited OC-6 canoe here in Florida. Attached is a pic of her. She is a great canoe and you can get it from the factory at a great price. The designer, Mike Giblin made some changes from his original prototype and from what we have been able to experience the changes that he did have made the canoe even faster and a better all around canoe. Contact me for more details and I will provide you will all information and additional pictures. She is a great canoe with some awesome innovative designs incorporated into the canoe. Most likely if you were to be looking at ordering a canoe from Hawaii you would be looking at about the same cost for a regular fiberglass canoe compared to the cost of what you can get the unlimited all carbon canoe for.

#4 Mon, 10/21/2013 - 8:52am

Johhny Puakea designed a new V6, which was Shell Vaa's canoe of choice for the Olomau. They won all 3 legs in this boat. It is now in production in Kona with Tiger Canoe, and Ozone is working on a slightly modified version of this V6 for the mainland and smaller waters that will be available soon.

#5 Mon, 10/21/2013 - 10:12am

I have an unlimited canoe for sale in Seattle, pls email me at kaivilagi@gmail for more info. Built for mainland conditions and offered at a good price. 360.930.1889 jonothan

#6 Wed, 10/23/2013 - 9:22am

I can also build you a custom canoe .

#7 Wed, 10/23/2013 - 9:24am

Please register or login to post a comment.

Page loaded in 0.570 seconds.