Maui Jim Coastal Relay - Sunday May 21, 2017
Part of the Maui Jim Ocean Racing Series (MaJORS)
RACE DAY REGISTRATION AT KAILUA BEACH PARK – BEHIND KALAPAWAI MARKET
• 7:00-8:00 a.m. Registration at Kailua Beach Park.
• 9:30 a.m. Long Course start for Male 19-39 and 40–54
• 9:00 a.m. Long Course start for all other divisions
• 10:30 a.m. Short Course start
• Pre-registration online cost per paddler: $40.00 ($420.00 for OC-6 teams and $210.00 for OC-3 teams) at
until midnight on Friday May 19th.
• Late registration per paddler: $50.00 ($540.00 for OC-6 and $270.00 for OC-3)
Lunch and awards immediately following in Kapiolani Park.
Divisions & Crafts
Age division is based on the youngest member of team:
• Long Course:
o OC-1(or V-1) and Surfski, (2 or 4 person relay division),
o OC-2 and SS-2 (4 or 8 person relay division),
o OC-6 (12 persons),
o OC-3 (6 persons).
• Short Course:
o OC-1(or V-1)
o SUP (open board class),
o Prone (open board class),
o OC-2 and SS-2,
o OC-6 (12 persons)
o OC-3 (6 persons).
• Categories for OC-1/V-1, Surfski-1, SUP and Prone:
o Male: Open (top 3), Junior (18 and under), 19-39, 40-54, 55-64, 65+
o Female: Open (top 3), 44 and under, 45 and older
o Mixed: Open
• Categories for OC-6, OC-3, OC-2 and Surfski-2
o Male, female and mixed: No age groups. Open division only
$4,000.00 Cash Purse:
Cash purse is for small crafts (excluding OC-3 and OC-6). There must be 5 teams per category to qualify for the purse. If there are not 5 in your category (or age group) you will bump into the younger division to be eligible for the purse. Distribution will be finalized based on participation, so encourage your friends to compete!
• Long Course: Kailua Bay to Kaimana Beach (course is broken into four legs)
• Short Course: Makapuu to Kaimana Beach (course is broken into two legs)
Leg 1 (Long Course):
o Male 19-39 and 40-54: The start will be at Kailua Beach and will go out around Bird Island, to the Mokulua Isles. and then to Sandbags in Lanikai - 6 miles.
o All other divisions will start deep in Kailua bay and go around Flat Island to the transition point at Sandbags in Lanikai - 4 miles.
Leg 2 (Long Course):
o Male 19-39 and 40-54: From Sandbags in Lanikai, split the Mokulua Islands to Makai Pier (AROUND THE JETTY)- 7 miles
o All other divisions will go straight through Waimanalo Bay (6 miles)
Leg 3 (Start of Short Course): Maikai Pier to Hawaii Kai Bath House - 9.5 miles
Leg 4: From Hawaii Kai Bath House to Kaimana beach (AROUND BLINKER BUOY) 8.5 miles.
Visit www.kanakaikaika.com for more information